Speaking Of Hard To Get Parts....

-
I already do that. I don’t believe I’ve ever ordered anything online, except the seat cover I got from Legendary, and that’s only because they don’t come to the Nats anymore. Never opened a catalog from Classic, never ordered anything from Year One, I buy my stuff from vendors at the Nats if I have to have new, but I usually always use OEM parts and refurb them myself.

And don’t even get me started on Rock Auto, wasted more time buying their generic coil spring for the wife’s Subaru that it would take to crawl to the dealership to get the correct piece. One and done there.
I've had good luck with Classic Industries in the recent past (this spring).
I talked to a young guy about ordering the parts I needed, and he was spot on.
And the order came in ahead of time and was 100% correct.
I haven't had a problem with Rock Auto or Summit in the past either, but it has been a couple of years since I dealt with either.
I hope nothing has changed since then...

I haven't had a problem with Rock Auto or Summit in the past either, but it has been a couple of years since I dealt with either.
I've had great service from Layson's also. @Rick@Laysons is a heck of a guy.

I've had no luck ordering pushrods myself and there is a 2 out of 3 chance I tried the company that you're going to recommend LOL.

So I cancelled the Cold Case order with Summit. Turned around and ordered a Summit brand radiator for almost $100 cheaper. Summit had it in stock in their Georgia store. Says it will be here Tuesday. I bet it might be here tomorrow. Cold Case won't be around long ignoring customers and not having things in stock. I had a problem with one fitting a 62 Corvette when I worked with Matt down the road. This guy runs a high end restoration shop in our county. They told him to "modify the car" to fit. This guy turns out some 100K-250K restorations. He ordered a Griffin exact fit and threw the Cold Case in the corner. Far as I know it's still there. To heck with them Cold Case guys.
Shoulda called the fella with the Vette radiator. Knowing how often Chevy cross-fits parts, it might've been the same as the one you needed for the pickup

So have I with classics 3 orders in 3 months all came in early and spot on

I am lucky on radiator shop, a guy I work with, his dad owns a radiator shop.
Just give my buddy at work a radiator that needs repair, a couple days later he brings it to me.
Really reasonable prices.

Shoulda called the fella with the Vette radiator. Knowing how often Chevy cross-fits parts, it might've been the same as the one you needed for the pickup
It wasn't. I did call Cold Case on it though and so did Matt. After we got told to modify the car, I called them out on the forum and was met by pretty much the same thing. Several members dog piled on ME for doing it. Oh and the Summit Radiator is sittin in my livin room floor. It looks nice too. Gonna drop it by Mr. Buddy's tomorrow. We have to get all of the V8 mount and shroud stuff because this was a 6 cylinder truck. We'll know a little more about how it fits then, but it measures the same as the stock V8 radiator, so I think it'll be fine.

Oh and get this. Kitty and I just measured the fins per inch on this radiator. 16 fins per inch. That's a high efficiency core. Once we get all the V8 parts in, this thing'll cool like gangbusters.

-
Back