Special master cylinder for big block abody?

-

mopardart44067

Reaction score
Ok I have 73 duster I'm gathering parts and info.im going to run 2" hooker super comp fenderwells.a few years ago I acquired Info on using a master cylinder from 1970 charger it has exit lobes on pass side.part # a1cardone.10475
Napa nmc.p2026.i notice instead of headers being close to brake lines.on this setup the lines are close to valve cover.so also looking into a master cylinder offset adapter.or how would running the offset adapter and regular master cylinder?trying to find the safest combination here.bare with me lol.

I'd use an aluminum master cylinder with the offset adapter. The offset adapter isn't required, but it does provide a little more space for the valve cover.

DSC_1006 (Large).JPG

headman fenderwell headers might be a better choice,as there get away from the master cylinder unlike hookers do

If you are concerned about heat getting to the brake lines just put a heat shield in there.

Hard to see in this photo. It's a 440 in my 67 barracuda. I'm using the Dr diff offset adaptor and master. Hooker fenderwells run very close, especially # 7 pipe, which runs right underneath the master. #5 pipe runs close to the front of the master also.
Heat shield and header wrap is definitely required.

IMG_7936_zpsv0ztu8oi.jpg

I'm using the factory manual brake master cylinder, Inline brake kit from inline brakes with new proportion valve. Disc brake up front. Got a 400 big block in there. Also, got a 400 big block complete I'm willing to sell for a good deal, or some possible trading. If you are close distance wise.

I'd use an aluminum master cylinder with the offset adapter. The offset adapter isn't required, but it does provide a little more space for the valve cover.

View attachment 1715085642
If u run raised port heads in a 67-8-9 barracuda , on a 440 r/b, it "will" require an offset master cyl adapt. I even had to mill the lower 2 fins on my mopar performance valve cover, on the drivers side to get it of. Still is very tite! Looks like the dusters has a bit more room in pics.

If you're afraid of boiling brake fluid, just run DOT 5.

I run a 7/8" wilwood master. Mostly just for the size piston I wanted. It's also nice looking.

Definitly use the offset adapter pate. That thing is worth it weight in gold.

I run a 7/8" Wilwood master. Mostly just for the size piston I wanted. It's also nice looking.

Definitely use the offset adapter pate. That thing is worth it weight in gold.

-
Back