special thanks to Dan Brewer

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
had a WIW on what I thought was a complete set of gears. Dan politely asked about one that was missing. Not knowing one wasn't there, I would have sold the set as what I thought to be complete. Disappointed, yes. But he saved me from bigger headaches and the new owner from one also. So, Dan, thank-you for your knowledge and help! Bob

I guess when he is not lowballing people for their stuff on eBay he is least he is doing something more productive. Cool.

Jake

I guess when he is not lowballing people for their stuff on eBay he is least he is doing something more productive. Cool.

Jake

How do you lowball stuff on ebay? You bid and either win or someone outbids you and you don't win. If it's an offer you don't like, then set a minimum and don't accept offers.

How do you lowball stuff on ebay? You bid and either win or someone outbids you and you don't win. If it's an offer you don't like, then set a minimum and don't accept offers.
It’s easy. You list a reasonably price set of pedals that have been completely gone through and then a guy wants it way cheaper even though the work has been done already and intends to sell them in his website for 3 times the price.....I’ve got a problem with that. Let me know if you’ve got anymore statements I can answer.

Jake

THe Brewer family is a great bunch of folks. Their service is great. Can't beat a family owned business.

It’s easy. You list a reasonably price set of pedals that have been completely gone through and then a guy wants it way cheaper even though the work has been done already and intends to sell them in his website for 3 times the price.....I’ve got a problem with that. Let me know if you’ve got anymore statements I can answer.

Jake

Just like the stock market. Buy low, sell high. Hard to run a business otherwise. I don't see why you take it personally and disparage him, but that's your prerogative. Carry on.

Just like the stock market. Buy low, sell high. Hard to run a business otherwise. I don't see why you take it personally and disparage him, but that's your prerogative. Carry on.
Yup. Capitalism 101. Why be happy with a good price when can have a “better” price. I’m just not a shameless lowballer, apparently that mentality is praised on this forum.

Jake

Jake
I have a few.
So, i take it you hate flippers then.
Ever go to a grocery store?
An auto parts store?
Or even a clothing store?
That's markup flipper central..........
Just stating reality.

But it really boils down to this.
If you don't like the price, then don't buy it.
If the offer isn't enough if you are a seller, then don't sell it.
Simple enough, really.
Over all of the the years I've been dealing with cars and parts, I have dealt with all types of people that have a hard luck story, (Or) ''I'm on a very limited budget'', ''I'll never sell it for a profit'', ''It's a father/son project and he's paying for it and has very little money'', or the ever popular excuse of ''You didn't pay anything for it anyway, why don't you just give it to me?'' etc. etc. I've heard it all.
Personally, if you don't bullshit me, I find that goes a long way.........
I have given away more stuff than I can remember, and have had lots of stuff given to me as well.
I don't care if you are Dan Brewer or Richard Petty, or the person down the street, my price is my price.
Don't like it?
Then don't buy it (or sell it to me for that matter).

If you sell a clutch pedal assembly to Brewer's, what do you think he's going to do with them?
That's why you set your price and stick by it.
And if Brewer's turns around and sells them for a profit, good on them.
As long as you got what you needed out of them, why would you really care?

And to the O.P., it's good that you brought out the point that Dan Brewer helped you, and it was for free!
It brings to light that he isn't just a flipper, but a good businessman and good to the Mopar hobby as well.
Cudos to him!

Thanks back at you Dan.
I plan on doing business with you soon...........
Just let me know. It's funny, I vaguely recall talking to this guy. IIRC...this guy emailed me and sent me a link to a set of pedals for an early B he had on eBay. Asked me to make an offer...which he obviously didn't like. No skin off my nose...but he is implying that I troll eBay and make ridiculous offers on parts. I rarely look on eBay for anything other than mill and lathe tooling.

Just let me know. It's funny, I vaguely recall talking to this guy. IIRC...this guy emailed me and sent me a link to a set of pedals for an early B he had on eBay. Asked me to make an offer...which he obviously didn't like. No skin off my nose...but he is implying that I troll eBay and make ridiculous offers on parts. I rarely look on eBay for anything other than mill and lathe tooling.

Thank you for responding, Dan.

THAT goes a long way too :thumbsup:

I spoke with them today, great knowledge, great advice, and free. They are in business, a narrow business, and helping the Mopar Clan. Inventory, shipping, warranty, taxes, etc.
I have no problem and no dog in this fight, I just appreciate being able to go on the web for info and talk with someone who knows his stuff.

Look, I have sold parts and seen them later, and it bothers me, but it's worth what I sell it for and what the seller buys it for.

I sold a Hemi Shaker to a person I thought was a collector. He wasn't. I sold it for 350 cause it needed some repair. He sold it on ebay for 1000 after a coat of primer.

Just kinda the way it goes.

-
Back