Spectacular Coffin Idea!

-
Rob,(o.p. ) that's irrelevant..

Mom's would like you,if alive.

I coulda been snuffed early,my dad made a comment,or two.

My legs would cramp up and I'd get a charlie horse in one of those....

Just put me in the ground without any prep (so I can return to the earth as God and nature intended), or if that's been made impossible by "normal" people, burn me.

Interestng concept for sure.

The first things that came to my mind were:

How big of a tree is it supposed to grow? A lot of cemeteries can get pretty tight.

What about the requirements for vaults?

somehow that doesn't seem very respectful to me
I think the proper way to dispose of a body is by burial, after all, that is what God Himself did to Moses' body

but to put a plant on top of you, with the soul purpose of running its roots into your body to eat you up...I don't know man

I told my daughter on her visit few weeks ago, when I kick the bucket, cremate my r emains, scatter them over the pasture, and say some appropriate words.

I can't see spending all that $$ for a traditional burial. makes no sense to me.

I guess I can help the grass??? better than sitting in a jar!????

Interesting idea, however I see some problems with it.

Family members will want to bury you in there own yard. Well what happens if the family members sell the house and move. There you are buried in a yard, the new owners want to remove that tree to put a pool in. Then Bam, there are bones in the yard..

Now if you have to be planted in a cemetary as mentioned there usually is not enough space. So I would think they have to have a big open field for something like this.

Neat concept, but I dont see it working out. Myself I already told my wife and daughter to burn me and save the money.

Obituary : He died of Dutch Elm Disease.

Will the tree have similar personality and genetics of the person buried?

while bushhoging, I found ole wagon axle, then a handmade headstone, dated 1903. got to looking and pretty close two other handmade markers, no writing. out in the pasture.
wooden coffin, no vault, the good ole days.

and NO trees!!!!

-
Back