Spectra CU527 22" radiator/'69-72 Dart dimensions

-

MarcD

Reaction score
This is a bit off-beat, but my '63 Dart GT 225 /6 has a trashed and incorrect radiator and I'm trying to decide which way my (cheap) budget can take me. I'm not a restoration purist, and the original "big tank" unit is long gone so recoring is not an option.

I have done a bit of performance work on the 225, so wouldn't mind a little extra cooling capacity than the original 18" core provided.

The support opening is 20", and I'm considering using the Spectra CU527 22" radiator marketed as a replacement for '69 to '72 Darts and Valiants. I realize that the opening should optimally match the core size, and I'm prepared to trim the opening as much as I can, but I'm curious to know what the actual centerline to centerline mounting bolt spacing is. My concern is that there won't be enough metal on the support mounting surface to drill new bolt holes.

I have had no luck finding any supplier able to (god forbid) actually take one out of the box and measure it, so I'm asking if anyone out there with a '69 to '72 Dart or Valiant with a 22" radiator would please make this measurement and post it for the betterment of humanity and/or civilization?

Many thanks,
Marc

The Dakota radiator works good too. Gotta drill a couple holes in the bottom sheet metal and make a bracket, not enough work to offset the extra $200 your gonna pay for a dart radiator.

Thanks for the tip....What year Dakota are you referring to? I checked the links and what came up was a plastic and aluminum cross flow radiator with the inlets and outlets in different locations.

The $50 to $80 price was right....but the CU527 is at Summit for $190 or Pepboys online for $160 shipped....not bad for a copper/brass unit IF it's a near bolt in.

-
Back