Speed Demon Carb No. 1402010VE

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i´m absolutely no carb expert and i need your help. A guy offered me a speed demon carb no. 1402010VE, 750 cfm vacuum secondaries. Is this a good choice for a 408 SB around 9 - 9,5:1 compression that should rev to 6000 max.? (no race engine, maybe 5% track time)

I don´t know the differences to a Holley 4160 for example, maybe somebody with bigger knowledge can tell me about. Thanks!

regards Michael

Michael - That is a really nice carb! 750cfm should be ok on a 408 stroker motor. You should be able to get it to work great for your application. Being a vac. secondary carb it should be great for cruising too. You'll probably get a little better mileage cruising than you would with a mech. secondary carb.

If it's used I'd just take the fuel bowls off and inspect it really well just to make sure there is no contamination/rust/dirt particles etc it in, and clean/blow out all the passages etc.... Put new gaskets on it. Make sure all the linkage moves as it should, and butterflies open/shut cleanly. When it's ready to bolt on you should be able to set the float adj. and the idle and be pretty much good to go!

I have a 650 Speed Demon that was on my Scamp (mech secondaries) and it's the first Demon I've had and it's every bit as good as any 4150 Holley I've had (IMO). I'd run another one...

-
Back