speed-o-meter is wacky +5???

-
Uh, well gee, ?????

tires and rear end gear don't match the speedo gear?

Speedo unit out of cal?

Take your pick

You know how many teeth speedo gear you have?

You have to know three things:

Rear gear, rear tires, and no of speed teeth.

If that is not accurate, It's a speedo instrument problem.

Uh, well gee, ?????

tires and rear end gear don't match the speedo gear?

Speedo unit out of cal?

Take your pick

You know how many teeth speedo gear you have?

You have to know three things:

Rear gear, rear tires, and no of speed teeth.

If that is not accurate, It's a speedo instrument problem.

also the cable can screw with it....

Double check your number. If it's tires or gears your speedo will be off by a percentage as opposed to a set MPH. So if it's 5 MPH off at 30 it will be 10 off at 60, 15 off at 90 etc... If in fact it is a set MPH off at any and all speeds I would look at the unit itself.

So if it's 5 MPH off at 30 it will be 10 off at 60, 15 off at 90 etc... If in fact it is a set MPH off at any and all speeds I would look at the unit itself.
that's what I was wondering- is it off by 5mph -in other words 'zeroing' the needle (pull it off and put it back on zero in lay terms lol) would fix it, or is the speed off by 5 mph at a certain speed (I can't see it always being off by 5 mph) in which case a different speedo gear is needed...

its 5mph off after 5. and its 5 off at every mph. i know the gas and temp are bad cause of a circuit board break but i dont completely know if that is affecting the small hiccup

its 5mph off after 5. and its 5 off at every mph. i know the gas and temp are bad cause of a circuit board break but i dont completely know if that is affecting the small hiccup

the speedometer is cable driven and 100% seperate from the rest of the cluster

-
Back