Speed-o-Motive

-
Bob Mazzolini is great for knowledge, once you buy something from him.
I've been going to him for years for parts and advice, and I know he builds killer Hemis, but I have no idea about his pricing on engine builds. He uses Dougan's Engine and Machine in Riverside for all of his machine work, and recommended I use them as well. Going to Dougan's was the only bad advice Mazzolini ever gave me. They put my engine on the back burner because it wasn't a race engine, they lost my crank bolt and said I never gave them one, they added over $400 to my bill over the second quote for "unforseen expenses" (got that taken off through much fowl language). And they are just horrible with customer service. I asked if I could pay check as with my bank I couldn't get that much cash out in one 3 week period, and they said that they would only take checks from either returning customers, or people they know would be returning, and then the manager told me that I would not be returning. They do not want new customers apparently. Do not go to Dougans.
For you guys out in the Inland Empire, Grave's Automotive in Upland is the place to go. I took my heads there, and Jody did an amazing job, and at an amazingly good price (sure it helps that one of my professors is one of his good friends). But the guys at Graves sure know how to treat someone with no engine building experience right.

I used Tom Nelson in chatsworth for a small block & my big block build and all good so far ! Look him up on the web.

-
Back