speedmaster 440 heads

-
Runner is raised but extended out far enough that a standard intake bolts up.
looks great
I received a pair 2015 casting victor style heads from procomps..
Did you have to 're-drill' the push rod tunnels ?
Did you fill them with your own valves? The one I got came loaded and the intake valves are longer what up with that?
Off-set rockers which brand are running and what off-set?
Is the use of a blower motor for the passenger compartment heater out of the question w/these heads on an A-Body mopar an w/RB engine in it?
what about push-rod length?
Did you have to get longer push-rods for the intake since the valves are taller?
thanks...

looks great
Did you fill them with your own valves? The one I got came loaded and the intake valves are longer what up with that?
Is the use of a blower motor for the passenger compartment heater out of the question w/these heads on an A-Body mopar an w/RB engine in it?
Did you have to get longer push-rods for the intake since the valves are taller?
thanks...
with an R/B, most of the time, it's gonna require at the minimum a shorter blower motor. Sometimes, factory valve covers will barely clear, sometimes not.

looks great
thanks...
I`ve got those heads on my 505/440 in a 68 barracuda fastback. there is "NO" room for " any" heater blower, short or other wise. I put an old fashioned hotrod heater under the dash , mostly just for defrosters in case I get caught in the rain. the intakes are a little longer than the exh., but their close, and uniform. Used a set of 9.400 push rods, " I have a brand new extra set" if you need them. used hughs rockers, and they are offset on the intakes. the heads are very quality looking, and are standard port cnc`d. We did check the coil bind, and put compcams 10* retainers and keepers on them . And I did have to work on the pushrod tunnels even tho they are cnc`d. They flow 352 @ .0600 lift, and I am very happy w/ them so far. I wanted to run lashcaps on the valves , but they messed up the geometry too bad. no shims under the rocker shafts, and the rockers are perfectly centered on the valve tips, int. and exh. she feels like it`ll run like gangbusters. haven`t stuck my foot in it yet, as its not broke in,and had a few other issues to deal w/ --hope this helps w/ you alls decision on the procomp victor type heads.--------bob

I`ve got those heads on my 505/440 in a 68 barracuda fastback. there is "NO" room for " any" heater blower, short or other wise. I put an old fashioned hotrod heater under the dash , mostly just for defrosters in case I get caught in the rain. the intakes are a little longer than the exh., but their close, and uniform. Used a set of 9.400 push rods, " I have a brand new extra set" if you need them. used hughs rockers, and they are offset on the intakes. the heads are very quality looking, and are standard port cnc`d. We did check the coil bind, and put compcams 10* retainers and keepers on them . And I did have to work on the pushrod tunnels even tho they are cnc`d. They flow 352 @ .0600 lift, and I am very happy w/ them so far. I wanted to run lashcaps on the valves , but they messed up the geometry too bad. no shims under the rocker shafts, and the rockers are perfectly centered on the valve tips, int. and exh. she feels like it`ll run like gangbusters. haven`t stuck my foot in it yet, as its not broke in,and had a few other issues to deal w/ --hope this helps w/ you alls decision on the procomp victor type heads.--------bob
Hi ,yeah figures bout the blower lol . Bob are saying you're using the valves supplied with the head and found the retainers (springs) and keeper are the only thing you changed out?
As far as rockers, I see guys run a .600" a .650" offset and need some massaging of the push rod tunnel and procoms sells a '.610 offset.. assuming it is deck height depended

These heads have the best casting for long term potential to make some really big power competitively
(for now) I am running stock deck height and a low lift of .518, I know of which is nothing to take advantage of these heads!!..
Bob your pushrod length sounds about right... edelbrock recommending "approximate" 9.500. subject to change with decking and cam height?
Do you have any pics of your bay Bob?

Last edited:
Hi ,yeah figures bout the blower lol . Bob are saying you're using the valves supplied with the head and found the retainers (springs) and keeper are the only thing you changed out?
As far as rockers, I see guys run a .600" a .650" offset and need some massaging of the push rod tunnel and procoms sells a '.610 offset.. assuming it is deck height depended

These heads have the best casting for long term potential to make some really big power competitively
(for now) I am running stock deck height and a low lift of .518, I know of which is nothing to take advantage of these heads!!
teh heads had the best casting for long term potential to make some really big power competitively..
Bob your pushrod length sounds about right... edelbrock recommending "approximate" 9.500. subject to change with decking and cam height?
Do you have any pics of your bay Bob?
I got a pic of it in my avatar on b bodies only. I`m not sure how I stumbled into getting either this forums avatar pic or that one on there. I`m about a dumbass when it comes to p.c.`s. maybe you can get on there and enlarge it !??? guess I need to try to figure out how to post pics. my p.c. has so many filters on it, it`s tuff for a dummy !

I got a pic of it in my avatar on b bodies only. I`m not sure how I stumbled into getting either this forums avatar pic or that one on there. I`m about a dumbass when it comes to p.c.`s. maybe you can get on there and enlarge it !??? guess I need to try to figure out how to post pics. my p.c. has so many filters on it, it`s tuff for a dummy !
i know what you mean from what i can tell looks like it has to be a hosted image?
that is why i haven't started a project log on here

i know what you mean from what i can tell looks like it has to be a hosted image?
that is why i haven't started a project log on here
if it ain`t bad, it ought to be !! thanks.--I don`t even know what a hosted image is. told u I was a comp. dummy!-----LOL------addition: the comp pushrods are made where they can be shortened. (so are the hughs)

I have a set of the heads in question. Bought them bare cnc'd. Then i bought there corresponding valves as well. Trying to get any information about these heads from procomp is worthless, at least in my experience. They're basically identical to the victors from what i here, with the exception of no heli-coiled bolt holes. The set i have has 2.25 intake with 1.81 exhaust valve diameter. Throat is opened to 90% from procomp. Valves from them are 5.5" OAL, might be to long havent put rockers on them yet, or down a valve job. Which was horrible btw. Guide clearance was good though. Feel free to ask questions.
What length are the valves . I'm thinking about putting 2.3 in mine with a smaller exaust valve like b1 heads do. I'm unsure of valve length.. I just got a set of the unported 265cc without valves. I'd like to find some used titanium 2.3 intakes. And have the bowls blended. Maybe make them flow 320 at .500 or better if possible. I have about .560 lift .

What length are the valves . I'm thinking about putting 2.3 in mine with a smaller exaust valve like b1 heads do. I'm unsure of valve length.. I just got a set of the unported 265cc without valves. I'd like to find some used titanium 2.3 intakes. And have the bowls blended. Maybe make them flow 320 at .500 or better if possible. I have about .560 lift .
Nothing like resurrecting an almost 8 year old post!

I have them on and running! good too. using ford 427 bb push rods w/440 the whiplash cam The Demon Screams

There was a period of time, early on, with these heads (PC/SM Victor copy) when the assembled version were supplied with valves that were just wrong.
Way too long, and 2.25/1.88 diameter.

The “correct” length valves are the same as the Ede Victor and Indy 440-1 heads.

Starting with the unported version, a decent valve job and some mild clean up work and they’ll get to 320 pretty easily.

Some Pro Comp "Victor" stuff.....

Pro Comp BB Victor CNC heads

Last edited:
-
Back