Speedmaster CNC chamber cc's

-
Looks like PWA work (RIP)
when doing cranks they had the steady rests so tight so they could grind quick that everything ended up oval
we got to do a lot of "warranty" work on these

when doing cranks they had the steady rests so tight so they could grind quick that everything ended up oval
Paw, performance automotive warehouse.
They had a great assortment of mopar stuff. I have one of their last catalogs.

The first engine I ever rebuilt - a 383 - probably 1980 or so. We ordered parts from PAW, and 'upgraded' to Clevite bearings. We used their proprietary 272H cam and lifters and their rings and gaskets and timing chain. Did we grind the crank or overbore the engine ? Hell no. No one had money for that. So anyhow....that engine ran fine and last week the guy I eventually gave it to told me it's still running in his truck that he uses to haul junk in.

That looks like a horrible seat!
I only see 1 angle
60 and 45, 2 and the 45 is chattered.

Some of their angles aren't even right.
You can drop a valve and it won't bounce. Lap/dykem check one in and only the top edge makes the mark...at the very edge od of the face. Crap, getting worse too.
First thing every Speedmaster head needs done is the valve job fixed or redone.

Yeah, if your talking about PAW, I bought some resized SB Chev rods off them in the late 80'a and they were crap..

Yeah, if your talking about PAW, I bought some resized SB Chev rods off them in the late 80'a and they were crap..
They had to be to sell them that cheap, not all , but most. Then again what small block Chevy rod isn't a piece of **** ...every single one I've ever resized was twisted and bent slightly they all are after they run them 100,000 miles... spindly little pieces of soft **** :D

I still have a catalog, 2004.
Buy a 392 Hemi kit for like $2400.
Looking through it all the parts they quit making all the crane stuff we used to have so many choices and well we still have capable parts we don't have as many choices

-
Back