speedmaster DNA shaft mount roller rockers

-

Madmax64

Reaction score
Does any body know how good these rockers are and how the roller tip gets oiled
these are for a small block

With no pictures or link, it's anybody's guess exactly which ones you're talking about.

If you can post a part number or a pic, I might be able to go out in the garage and see. I bought a set of Seedblaster stainless roller rockers during the Black Friday sale. They are the 1.5 ratio with the bronze bushings instead of the needle bearings. I have the same set on my 273 and they get plenty of oil to the rollers.

Yours are different from mine, as yours have the roller bearings in the shaft end, where mine is a bronze bushing. Pull one of the rockers off the shaft and look to see if there are oil holes going from the shaft hole with the roller bearings, going to the top of the rocker or towards the tip. Mine has 2 oil holes. One goes to the top of the rocker, and the oil runs out and down between the vertical sides to the tip and oils the roller tip. The other hole goes to the adjuster end, and the adjuster has an oil passage in it the sends oil to the cup that the push rod lands in. Yours may be made different, but that's some things you can look for.

:thumbsup:

Only has one hole that I can see and it goes to the push rod so l’m wondering how the roller at the front and valve stem gets lubricated

I wouldn't run the caged needle bearings personally. I've seen what happens when one decides to eat itself, and the carnage it not pretty and it gets expensive. Save your money and invest in a set of the bushed rockers.

I agree I just acquired them and I use the Hughes roller rockers set on one of my other motors

Why was this so hard to do?

They look ok, except that they have needle bearings. I'm not a fan. If they had bronze bushings instead, they'd get a thumbs up.

Effin Rocker Arms

Those are produced in the basement of the PRW factory, same rocker arm minus the PRW stamp and price.
Tony/70aarcuda had a comparison thread on here. RIP Tony, your humor and knowledge is missed.
Apparently the only difference is the roller axle. Mike at B3 explained to me recently that the PRW rockers have a superior roller axle, in his opinion.

I’m still wondering how the front roller and the valve stem gets lubricated if there’s no oil galley to them

-
Back