Speedmaster magnum inspection w/Justin

-

MOPAROFFICIAL

Oogliboogli
Reaction score
So you guys know I ordered up a set of their cast-iron Magnum replacement heads supposed to be 179 cc's. I ordered them one at a time in case they were less than workable/too much effort.
So the 1st head shows up, covered in machining lube splatter and or silica.
I looked it over and the port looked taller..larger..but had a jacked vj undercut and tiny stock port window 'pinches' with not much if any ability to open then up for a thumb to even fit through...in fact.. it had stock matkings like the fin on the intake floor. Still figured @ a 2.02 i could muster 250 mayne 260cfm.. now.. i bought these for my truck, keep in mind, so i didn't have a pocket full of expectations of these.. therefore was happy with that possible outcome. Here are those pics..

20201110_083015.jpg

20201110_083037.jpg

16050645615357835867551890379075.jpg

20201110_083025.jpg

I have... good?.. news though....but there is still something i see in the pics now that im typing this. Port volume.

Last edited:
They also have these.. yep, totally different castings is what I got for the 2nd ...and the 2nd one is hope for them at least in there ootb condition. Ive spoken with them and they are saying they will exchange the 1st head for a correct one. How many castings of these heads are there nowadays, lol.
These '2nd head sent' have a nice wide short turn, wide runner and meat in the pinch to open them up. It looks like a performer with the tall wide short turn.

20201124_091817.jpg

20201124_091835.jpg

20201124_092004.jpg

Last edited:
We would probably never know they had two different castings, but by chance you ordered separately. That is pretty wild.

I was talkin about the first one.
Yeah I know, I'm just emphasizing that it actually looks bigger in the pic to boot!
Tony 70aarcuda has one of these sets of heads and I'm surprised when I posted pics of the first one in that thread he did that he didn't see the difference... he could have pointed it out.

Might be awhile ......

“Well Sir, our heads are bla bla bla bla and perfect each and every time there cast with the bla bla bla bla method of perfection and bla bla bla bla bla.

And SIR, we can not do anything for you because you can not find the secrecy page to fill out the return form and bla bla bla bla bla....

Ruh-Roh..................
Lol.
Jason from speedmaster sent me a return shipping tag, going to swap it for a match. I spoke with him for a min but didn't even bother asking what the odd head was about. Its definitely a stock head with the massive pinch. Oddball head in the bunch i guess. Once i have the other 'next week probably' ill start flowing them.

Last edited:
Okay Jason from speedmaster sent me a return shipping tag, going to swap it for a match. I spoke with him for a min but didn't even bother asking what the odd head was about. Its definitely bigger than a stock head but had the massive pinch still. Oddball head. Once i have the other ,next week probably, ill start flowing them.

Cool. Glad they did the right thing.

I figured you would have taken the opportunity to flow them both while you had the chance.
I don't have a magnum valve on hand.
Wen the 1st showed up and I saw what I had I didn't want to spend the money buying the valve.
1st head was a stock replace of some kind, i don't know what that was about. 145cc int.
It had no casting number, just stamping on the end. Showed up dirty with metal dust and covered in a white machine grease or dry film.

Last edited:
Just received the tracking # for the other head.
The 1.94's speedway super duty & 1.60 speedmaster, same 5.011 length

20201202_211025.jpg

20201202_210953.jpg

20201202_210944.jpg

16070350902991337810443831390718.jpg

16070351142024969985367314731756.jpg

The other head showed up this morning around 8:30am. It still said rescheduled to Monday on my notification from fedex.
Lol

Updates coming up.

Just a friendly bump
So because one of the heads had to be returned and there was a wait ...my stuff was put to the back of the line and won't be done till near or just after Christmas.
I'm not stoked about it, but... because I don't have the equipment to do guides 'yet'... I'm stuck.

So because one of the heads had to be returned and there was a wait ...my stuff was put to the back of the line and won't be done till near or just after Christmas.
I'm not stoked about it, but... because I don't have the equipment to do guides 'yet'... I'm stuck.
Any updates? Thanks for posting this!

-
Back