speedo cable for 63dart

-

vevaliant

Reaction score
Hi thera all- does anyone know where i can get a new/ aftermarket speedo cable for my slant 6 push button auto 63 dart.

If just the inner cable and you can re-use your housing, a universal one will probably work. You cut to length and use a little crimper that comes in the kit to attach the square drive for the speedometer. Cheap at auto parts if they still carry them.

Imperial Services builds cables for Schumacher Creative Services (engine swaps.com). Sometimes Imperial can be difficult to contact, but Schumacher has always come through for me.

ATB

BC

I didn't see the Summit kit, or I probably would have bought it. From the website, it seems very similar to the one I bought. MUCH cheaper, and quite a bit shorter.
I had enough to rebuild two cables with some left over. So I bought a couple of extra tips, in case I need to do it again.
The staking tool that came with the kit I got is apparently a one-shot gadget, so I used my serious crimper. I imagine that the Summit kit would be the same.
Not a problem if you're fixing one cable and not stockpiling parts to do another.

ATB

BC

I would like to redo both my Barracuda and 56 F-100. Is the Abody cable longer than 5 foot? Still cheaper to get 2 summit kits if I need extra. Thanks Bob.

-
Back