Speedo Cable Help Please

-
Well, finally got the right cable.:blob:

The ATP Y-819. This one is for 70-74 Challenger, 68-76 Charger, bunch of Full Sized Mopars & D'series pickups among other things (But not the 72 Duster go figure). It has the large 7/8" female fitting on the trans side. Looks exactly like the pic "bremeric" posted above. Gonna see if I can eyeball the numbers on my trans when I get the headers out to see what I the PO swapped in.

Thanks all for the input and assistance.

Pat

Good deal Pat. That's the way it goes sometimes with replacement parts. Sometimes you get lucky and get the right stuff the first time and other times it may take 3 or 4 tries.

Sure glad I found this...After trying a CA-3027 and a Y-881, I just ordered a Y-819...Thanks for the help guys :cheers:

I know this is an older thread but, are there two different sizes of theads on the speedometer housing?
The one I have seems smaller than 7/8 nut. There was nothing but a freeze plug in the transmission so I have nothing to go off of.

I know this is an older thread but, are there two different sizes of theads on the speedometer housing?
The one I have seems smaller than 7/8 nut. There was nothing but a freeze plug in the transmission so I have nothing to go off of.

I've got a couple or three 727's sittiny here, with housings, and they are all the same.

Wow! Gotta love FABO. I started this thread 4 years ago. Glad to see it may help some other folks. Can't tell you how many times I've dug up old threads here to help resolve problems and/or get some direction. "FABO Search" the gift that keeps on giving!

Be well folks,
Pat

Just went through this also, had to suck it up and buy a NOS dodge one.

I have a original one but it seems smaller than 1" nut . So there is not two different thread sizes?

Seems like a small round one and a large nut on the other.

Sounds like the upper cable (servo to dash), and you need the lower (trans to servo). Maybe. Got a servo riding on the fender apron (below brake booster)?

Changeing out my cable 71 dart swinger.318....904 trans.bought mopar cable #0489 7646 AA001....63 INCHS fits perfect. Great info on this site

-
Back