Speedo cable replacement?

-
You'll lose about a pint, just pull it and let it run into a 2 liter bottle with the top cut off. It s just residual in that part of the trans.

That tire lists it at 25.6 inches in diameter, with a 3.55, looking at the chart I'm thinking a 36 or 37 tooth.

Measure the diameter and cross it with the ratio on the chart posted above to find the correct gear.

I don't think I have any gears in the mid 30's but I'll look.

I do need a pinion. The one I took out is really torn up and the color is green. It is marked a 34. The setting on the adapter was 26 to 31.

Please advise.

Greg A

Some fluid will drain out but not the whole transmission. If you find you need a different gear, post it here as I have quite a few and I'm sure others do too.

I don't have any, I think CM might be looking for you. If not either post a wanted ad here or Ebay. I looked at Brewers and they want 40 bucks for them, 16 bucks on Ebay.

Also when ordering, make sure you order the correct length shaft, yours should be a long shaft. There are short shafts as well.

I see $69 on Brewers for the red 36 tooth.

Greg

I don't have any, I think CM might be looking for you. If not either post a wanted ad here or Ebay. I looked at Brewers and they want 40 bucks for them, 16 bucks on Ebay.

Also when ordering, make sure you order the correct length shaft, yours should be a long shaft. There are short shafts as well.

Nope, no 36's or anything in the mid 30's right now. If you can't find one, let me know. I have some local sources for them. If your adaptor was set for the 26-32 tooth, they must have damaged the gear to get it in there.

This is the best deal I see on E Bay.
Mopar Speedo Pinion 36 T - 1966+ 3.55, 3.73, 3.91, 4.10
Item condition:

Used
Compatibility:

This information is not available.

Price:

US $51.7

Guys, I menat to mention the other night. The oil that did drip/rn from tranny smelled horrible. I can still smell it in the garage 2 days later. I almost smells liked it's burned. It did look burned but man does it stink.

Please advise.

Thx

If it were me I would drain it, change fluid and filter. Then add new fluid.

-
Back