Speedway roller rockers for small block?

-
No problem for whom? There are a lot of well known builders out there who don't do it right. You seem pretty confident, so I'd be interested in hearing your explanation of proper rocker and valvetrain set up.
:D
What i want to know is when is article #5 coming out?:poke::)
Inquiring minds want to know.............:thumbsup:

Don't want to hijack this thread, but for a mildly modified 340, are roller rockers worth the cost. My 340 is right at 375 HP, and I was thinking about buying a set of Comp rollers. However, I don't want to spend a lot of money for only a small gain.
I know you're not asking me but i got (0) performance gain when i put my roller rockers on, some 15 years ago. but have lived well threw two 340s and now on a Hyd roller cammed 408.

EDIT SS not alu rockers

No problem for whom? There are a lot of well known builders out there who don't do it right. You seem pretty confident, so I'd be interested in hearing your explanation of proper rocker and valvetrain set up.

Thats right one of the BEST in the business is building my motor,I have NO doubt everything will be correct..

:D
What i want to know is when is article #5 coming out?:poke::)
Inquiring minds want to know.............:thumbsup:
You got me there. I guess I should be working on a new tech article, instead of trolling FABO, lol. I've had a pretty busy year, so hopefully over the winter I can get to #5.

I know you're not asking me but i got (0) performance gain when i put my roller rockers on, some 15 years ago. but have lived well threw two 340s and now on a Hyd roller cammed 408.

EDIT SS not alu rockers
They do have a performance advantage when properly set up. How much, is going to depend on the engine combination.

So basically if someone spends a bunch of money on roller rocker kit, tries to bolt them on a small block mopar, they're not gaining anything and just going to break parts?

Thats right one of the BEST in the business is building my motor,I have NO doubt everything will be correct..
Ok, you have faith in your engine builder. Great! But you can't explain what it is, so what value have your posts had other than your engines builder is awesome, like totally. If you are trying to be helpful, Give his name and phone number, so at least the OP gets some benefit.

Maybe I need to find another set of stock 273 rockers and push rods with100k miles on them, throw on a set of lash caps like I did 30 years ago and spin it over 7grand at the drop of hat. Still running strong after all these years with a 500" solid cam

So basically if someone spends a bunch of money on roller rocker kit, tries to bolt them on a small block mopar, they're not gaining anything and just going to break parts?
If bolted to the stock stands, it will at a minimum be inefficient and unstable
The stock stands were located for bone stock geometry. Yellow Rose is 100% correct that changing parts changes geometry for the worse.

Ok, you have faith in your engine builder. Great! But you can't explain what it is, so what value have your posts had other than your engines builder is awesome, like totally. If you are trying to be helpful, Give his name and phone number, so at least the OP gets some benefit.

Here ya' go..www.hekimianracing.com

You got me there. I guess I should be working on a new tech article, instead of trolling FABO, lol. I've had a pretty busy year, so hopefully over the winter I can get to #5.
Yeah it's good to unplug for a while, but you couldn't be a troll no matter how hard you tried.:D
There's some vary well written articles. :thankyou: !

"Yup broke #x rocker arm again" (like it's normal and they have several spares in the tool box.) Your articles sure put a light on how that could be happening.

rocker arm ratio is the distance from the fulcrum CL to the rocker tip. How can they be all over the place...are they not the same 2 castings (L&R) used over and over again? Show us how you figured them out.

Just got a chance to check out the link. If they follow the engineering principles that they appear to understand, then there is a good chance they will do it right. That's not always a given though, because I've seen a lot of engine builders who will meticulously set up the valvetrain on a Chevy or Ford motor, and when building a Mopar, just slap the shafts on the stands, torque them down, and call it good.
Once your engine is built, pull a valve cover and post a pic. It will be readily apparent if they did it right, and I sincerely hope they do. I don't like seeing Mopar guys getting second best, or blowing stuff up because it isn't right.

Yeah it's good to unplug for a while, but you couldn't be a troll no matter how hard you tried.:D
There's some vary well written articles. :thankyou: !

"Yup broke #x rocker arm again" (like it's normal and they have several spares in the tool box.) Your articles sure put a light on how that could be happening.
Thank you.
I know what you're saying. I was at the track one weekend talking to the Mopar racers, and when I mentioned valvetrain failure to one guy, he said "You mean like this?", and dug two broken rockers out of his golf cart glove box. His very next pass he broke the third one. That was all in a two day weekend, and he was spinning the 340 to 7800 rpm. He had me take measurements in the pits to see how far the geometry was off. The rocker shaft was well over .200" too low, and he hasn't fixed it to this day as far as I know. Kinda sad, really.

Oh yeah, a very competent Chevy and Ford sprint car engine builder builds his motor. They just doesn't know how to set up shaft systems unless they are Jesel, and come with a tool.

rocker arm ratio is the distance from the fulcrum CL to the rocker tip. How can they be all over the place...are they not the same 2 castings (L&R) used over and over again? Show us how you figured them out.
You left out a part Pishta. The ratio is the fulcrum length of the valve side divided by the adjuster side. So, to get a 1.5 ratio, a 1.500" fulcrum length on the valve side would need a 1.000" length on the adjuster side. Improper rocker design, machining tolerance, and setup can affect the actual ratio seen at the valve.

-
Back