SpeedWorld Az As Of This Weekend

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
10171842_10201617617554828_6837630497861429935_n.jpg

Oh no, are they closed down moparkid ?

What happened ? Insurance , lack of interest , no one to run it ? we don't have a 1/4 mile on the island , we use an airport once a year and down here in Victoria we have a 500ft straight on the 1/2 mile oval to run on. If something like that went dark around here there would be a line up of guys wanting to buy or lease the place -sorry for your loss hopefully someone will step up and take it over before it gets overgrown .

the cars were grazing on govt land and the BLM shut them down....

lease owner got in pissing match with county over the need of permits and inspection....and lost...the track is on state owned property

ahhh political greed , I see , after a year of being down is it not possible for someone new to plant some turtles and get a new lease ?

Maybe build a bigger grandstand and add a Ferris wheel or drive in screen to entice the civil servants with visions of new tax revenue dancing in their heads .

Dang Kid, I thought they would have everything leveled by now and all the pavement gone. Even though just a memory,,still will be one of my favorite tracks.

Had only been there a few times. But I liked this track alot more than I did Firebird, or whatever it is called now. SpeedWorld had that same "feel" as Island Dragway did back in NJ, sort of a Mom & Pop place as compared to the commercial giant that E-town felt like....Shame to see it like this...

Well the only thing i can say it they havn't torn it down, whether because of cost or plans to get it going again i dont know...

-
Back