Spicer 5789X u joints

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
I am a little mind boggled.... Bought Spicer 7260 u joints, they won't actually fit in because the 'meat' in the center of the joint is hitting if that makes any sense?

Does one dremel it a bit so it will clear?

It is a miniscule amount but it will not allow it to go in.

Not talking about the cups, but getting the body of the u joint in place to start

A friend and I ran into the same problem, I have no idea why they don't fit. The yokes on the driveshaft are brand new and have never had a vise or C clamp used on them. We are going to wrap tape around the cup surfaces and lightly grind (very little heat) down the offending material as to not change the temper of the main cross.

If I understand you right, yur saying that with the cups off, the joint will not slip between the cup-holder saddles of the yoke; is that right?
Made in China?
Those guys just don't care; for them, it's all about money.

Just make sure the two saddles are parallel to eachother and that an imaginary bar passed through the cup-bores would find the holes in the same planes; the point is that I have seen guys press the cups in/out and bend the yoke.
I have seen certain yokes, not Mopars, with the saddles notched for clearance.

Try another source for the u-joint. My guess would be a local driveshaft shop, like Sadler, not sure if they are nationwide or in your location.

Ok good, because that is what I did and then asked.... Did not want to admit it until I knew that was the fix lol

-
Back