spider gears

-

desperado

dodge boy
Reaction score
well I I finally got a good driveshaft under my dart thanks to this site. awesome by the way.i took my car for a ride today. ten twelve miles. did a pretty good burn out. all was fine till I went to turn right.all hell sounded sounded like it was breaking loose in my diff. babied it home.took it apart as soon as I got it in the shop. the spiders on my 8 3/4 chunk are locked up. I have never seen this before.it's a 489 case non posi of course.till this point when I would do a burn out it would turn both tires and was quiet. tody it only turned one tire and is noisey around corners. has anybody else had this issue

Has someone welded the spider gears? You know, cheap man's posi, a lincoln locker, etc... Rarely does an open differential spin both tires so my guess is someone welded the spiders and their welds have broken loose.

Has someone welded the spider gears? You know, cheap man's posi, a lincoln locker, etc... Rarely does an open differential spin both tires so my guess is someone welded the spiders and their welds have broken loose.

Sounds like it to me also.
Opens only spin both tires during an accelerating slight left turn. (Usually)

-
Back