Spitfire vs Magnum Manifold

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Which flows better? Any gains over the bigger stock 5.9 manifolds? Personal experience is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

Depends on the power you want to make.
Under 350 hp with small overlap cams headers are not overly necessary.
The difference between manifolds are small power wise within 5 hp of each other shortie headers maybe 10 hp long tube 15 ish.

Id go manifolds or long tubes. The cost of the shorties aint worth the gain to me.
And if you plan on bigger cams heads etc.. in the future then long tube forsure.

Depends on the power you want to make.
Under 350 hp with small overlap cams headers are not overly necessary.
The difference between manifolds are small power wise within 5 hp of each other shortie headers maybe 10 hp long tube 15 ish.

Id go manifolds or long tubes. The cost of the shorties aint worth the gain to me.
And if you plan on bigger cams heads etc.. in the future then long tube forsure.

I didn’t mention this was on a .20 over 360 magnum w/EQ’s and a 495/512 222/[email protected] in a 63 valiant with 3.23 and above stock converter. I’m planning a 4 speed within the next year so cam might be a different option. I saw those spitfires available on here for a fraction of the price of tti’s.

Jake

The spitfires were a pretty good improvement over a set of 73 340 manifolds in a friends 66 Cuda. The tti headers and full 2 1/2” exhaust is even a bigger improvement over the spitfires on the same car.

Car has a 360 with kB 107 pistons and the Hemi grind cam 280/474 from mp. Dual 4 bbl, 9.5” converter and 3.23 gears. Car has been 12.5’s at the track with the spitfires open. I’m dying to see how it runs with the tti headers. It it noticbly faster just needs a time slip to prove it now.

Last edited:
-
Back