Splash Shield Gaskets for 63-66 A bodies

-

armyofchuckness

The Flying Valiant
Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

the rubber around my '64 Valiant's splash shield have disintegrated, as have most of the splash shields themselves. I got a new/used set from Challenger_Steve (who's great to deal with, btw), and had them media blasted. Sadly the rubber on them was unsalvagable as well. Does anyone know where you can find this stuff? I didn't see it in Gary Goers' catalog, but I may have missed it. I'm also interested in other workarounds. I'd imagine liquid gaskets would work in a pinch, but I'd kind of prefer to do it original style if at all possible.

Thanks for the help!

Hey, everyone.

the rubber around my '64 Valiant's splash shield have disintegrated, as have most of the splash shields themselves. I got a new/used set from Challenger_Steve (who's great to deal with, btw), and had them media blasted. Sadly the rubber on them was unsalvagable as well. Does anyone know where you can find this stuff? I didn't see it in Gary Goers' catalog, but I may have missed it. I'm also interested in other workarounds. I'd imagine liquid gaskets would work in a pinch, but I'd kind of prefer to do it original style if at all possible.

Thanks for the help!
if they are the rear ones (nearest the door) not the headlight bucket. then give DMT (detroit muscle technologies a shout out
check this out to make sure
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DMT-64-65-6...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f453fea5&vxp=mtr

I think this might be the whole kit .hhhmmmmmmm

How important are these gaskets? I left them off years ago, when my car was painted. They hold moisture against the fenders, and that just leads to rust. IMHO.

How important are these gaskets? I left them off years ago, when my car was painted. They hold moisture against the fenders, and that just leads to rust. IMHO.

it's to stop road trash from hitting your door and generally keep it(trash,dirt rocks) out of the lower part of your fender so that won't rust out so fast. if pushed in from the wheel well and situated the rubber acts as a seal(like as in rear main seal) the lip is forced into the fender when driving and water/dirt hits it. same way as the front splash shield stops it from beating up the headlight bucket. If you don't have yours on there, I bet that you have a lot of trash/dirt that does hit your door and also a lot in the lower fender. (that is if you drive it a lot near or on dusty dirt roads like I do). even if you stay on paved roads you can still get a lot thrown up into the fender.

Hey, thanks, 66Dvert! That's exactly what I need. All my rubber up front is shot, so this kit is perfect. I can say that the rubber must help, because I had several handfuls of dirt thrown into the rockers and door gaps. Disgusting stuff. I'm definitely putting the rubber back.

How's the Mopar scene down in Webster? I'm about an hour and a half north of you in Gainesville. Gonna be at Garlits this year?

Hey, thanks, 66Dvert! That's exactly what I need. All my rubber up front is shot, so this kit is perfect. I can say that the rubber must help, because I had several handfuls of dirt thrown into the rockers and door gaps. Disgusting stuff. I'm definitely putting the rubber back.

How's the Mopar scene down in Webster? I'm about an hour and a half north of you in Gainesville. Gonna be at Garlits this year?

Your Welcome , glad to be of some help.
I used to have a service center in Gainesville. right in college town I loved IT.
I looked for my splash shield rubber and found your first! I'm adding mine in as soon as I can get some more time to get it going. I pulled about 3 pounds of dirt from the one I'm working on. mine were rusted through on the bottom.

hmm the mopar scene. ehhh not so much I'm stuck in the middle of chevy country (sumter swap meet) the first sunday of the month and 95% chevy, 3% yard sale stuff and 2% (or less) of other makes. sometimes they make a mistake and bring some mopar stuff that I might need, most times not.

and YEP going to the show. maybe I can find that darn transition piece I'm looking for on my 66 dart.

Cool! Yeah, it's a great little city to live in.

That sounds about right on the car scene down there. I heard it was pretty Chevy heavy at the swap meet, but I keep wanting to go. Sounds like it's not worth the trip though.

I'll be hanging around my buddy Ben's black 1964 D100 CSS truck during the show when I'm not rummaging through car parts. Be sure to stop by and say hi. Even if I'm not there, Ben's a really interesting guy and his truck has a great story.

Good luck with your project! Sadly, I think I'm at least three shows out from getting my car to Garlits. :(

Cool! Yeah, it's a great little city to live in.

That sounds about right on the car scene down there. I heard it was pretty Chevy heavy at the swap meet, but I keep wanting to go. Sounds like it's not worth the trip though.

I'll be hanging around my buddy Ben's black 1964 D100 CSS truck during the show when I'm not rummaging through car parts. Be sure to stop by and say hi. Even if I'm not there, Ben's a really interesting guy and his truck has a great story.

Good luck with your project! Sadly, I think I'm at least three shows out from getting my car to Garlits. :(

it's bad chevy wise. BUT there are a couple of mopar users there at the show I talk with, Waggin is there along with Russ (mopar truck and car.) plus there is the off chance that there ARE some mopar parts there. it's fun. I'll look for the 64 and see ya there.

Cool! I know Waggin. It'd be good to see him again. Maybe I'll make the drive down there when the weather starts getting nice again.

-
Back