Spokane County Raceway

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Spent the afternoon there, today was the Dukes Auto Club Nostalgia Drags & Car Show. Spent some time with my buddy Chris and his wife Tammy. Rain canceled the final few passes of the day, Chris had made it to the final round with his 300....but did not get to make the pass. Will post some pictures when I get them off the camera....

Meanwhile, "over here," LOL, I was arguin with front tires and ET wheels fitup

Happy to hear you got out and about Ink :hello2: and wow :shock: your buddy Chris has a great looking and nizze 300, what year is that ? very nice:happy2:

I remember seeing one of these 300 cars at a show and thought I was walking up to a
Mercury :silent: I walked up from behind it and have to admit it here,:glasses7:
I was glad I did not say anything out loud at the time :-#

That is a sleek 300 right there :thumblef:

Mr. & Mrs. White.....aka 69valaintracer......

Attachments

• IMG_4327 (Medium).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 150
Yup INK, Randy is multi track champion in that car, both in our Pro Gas class, and Summit series. He is my trans guy, and one of best of friends.
And look at that thing leave on Cal Tracs.....Just kidding, it is a 4 link, but he would rather have ladder bars.And he does know what he is doing.Proves the point, you don't need big wheelies to win, you want your car to shoot out of the lights.
I drove this car a couple of years ago, and it drives straight as an arrow.Our motors are the same (he built mine), except he has a smaller carb (he likes to leave lean) and smaller cam.We both have Bull Dog heads. He told me he didn't massage his while I was in California one winter, but I think he is fibbing!So you can see what 1200 LBS does to your E.T.
He was willing to let me run it, mid year durning the Summit series,when I was struggeling this year with my car and it's traction problems, but I decided I was comfortable in my car, and didn't want to change it up.
Thanks for the complements on the 300, I promised my step dad before he died (it was his car, I found it 30 yrs ago in nor cal) that I wouldn't cut it up. All we did was lower it, and add wheels and tires (conservative size) to make it more personal, and update a little.
He had a 61 300 G when I was a kid, and always missed that car, so this is the best he could do.
Randy actually did the engine and tranny a few years back, I did the underhood detail and paint.
Always remember "Where were you in 62" and you won't forget the year. Here is a little tid bit, they call them "plucked chickens" because in 61 they had wings!
Most people don't know what it is, some think it's an Edsel because of the headlights!
We drive it every where, everything works.It even still has air con with R12 in it that still works.
Those dashes where one of Chryslers super engineering feats. It is AC floresent voltage, and lights from below the needles. It s worth driving it at night just to look at it.
Last strange thing. It has no park, just the tail shaft brake on the TF. strange HUH?
I am mglad you had fun, don't forget to tell everybody, the 56 blew his driveline out next round!

Looks like I missed a bunch of cool stuff.

You guys have the story on the Dart lined up with the Cuda in the one photo?

The Dart is a 340 stroked, I think he said 377 CI. It runs low 12's here at 5000' so I am sure it is a 11 second car @ sea level. It is super clean and nice.I believe it has SS springs and a snuber.Not a big tire car, but mini tubbed.

Spokane Raceway is not 5K ft, or where are you ? he ? located?

At Spokane Co. Raceway, the clocks are NHRA corrected for alt. most the time the corrected alt.is 5000' per Spokane airport data, it can get as high as 5500, which it was last week at the E.T. finals.
It was 3500 yeasterday, yet it was cool.It was also very humid. As of 9 PM tonight (sun), the temp is 66 degrees, but the desity alt.@ the Air Port is 3300'.
With that said, whatever the altitude is, if you run @ Seattle, your car will run as much as 4-4 1/2 teeths quicker.Maybe even quicker @ Bremerton.I run 11:20's here, I ran 10:80's @ SIR
That is why our track index is set for S/St @ 11:10 S/G @ 10:10 & S/C @ 9:10

But you are correct, the actual altitude is about 2000'.

Oh crap I forgot about "air" conditions. So both you guys are from Spokane?

The Dart is a 340 stroked, I think he said 377 CI. It runs low 12's here at 5000' so I am sure it is a 11 second car @ sea level. It is super clean and nice.I believe it has SS springs and a snuber.Not a big tire car, but mini tubbed.

That Dart had 275's on the tail end....

We are along the river in PF CDA address...I think I've seen your car, it's really nice. I have the blue Ebody Cuda.

We need to get together sometime!! Mine ain't that nice. Body's straight but the paint's pretty poor. I just drive it, LOL. Can't afford to restore it.

Tammy's Dart

Attachments

• IMG_4451 (Medium).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 128
-
Back