sponsorship questions

-

swifter

Reaction score
Those who have sponsorship how do you put a price on the amount of space that they pay for????? I have a good chance of getting a few sponsors for our new drag car but don't know how to put a price on the advertisement .--Steve

Getting Sponsors is hard Keeping Sponsor is challenging.
Now that I've said that I don't have a sponsor that gives me money.
But I will tell you how each decal helps my racing.

Decal on the door- built 2- 727,1 in the car other for a back up.
Freshens it up and doe's all repairs threw out the year.
Doe's all the rear end work and has bought the gears and all parts to install when we change gear sets.

FAF sticker $10,000 fuel card.

Blue Oval on the front of fender.
Built current engine and freshens up engine every year.
Built my engine for my 67 Dart.

Solo.Printing shop
Gave us Hats,Shirts,Jackets.

My chassis guy didn't want his name on the car.
The name bother's him a little I guess.
But he likes to bring his girlfriends around the pits and let them know he's done work on the car.
New wing,chute mount tin in the engine bay and keeps the car going down the strip straight.

That all said and done,it does't matter to me how much of the car has stickers on it,as long as the sponsors are happy.
I let the engine and transmission shop have the car at there business any time they want it there.
I always have shirts and hats for the sponsors and there Wife's.
I've spent some time around Terry McMillen and have watched how he takes car of his sponsors,that's almost a full time job in it's self.
I hope this wasn't too long winded.

Just remember once you have taken either there money or parts you have just made a contract with them.
I had to get another driver for my car last year to full fill my obligations to them because I was unable to drive.

:cheers:

Getting Sponsors is hard Keeping Sponsor is challenging.
Now that I've said that I don't have a sponsor that gives me money.
But I will tell you how each decal helps my racing.

Decal on the door- built 2- 727,1 in the car other for a back up.
Freshens it up and doe's all repairs threw out the year.
Doe's all the rear end work and has bought the gears and all parts to install when we change gear sets.

FAF sticker $10,000 fuel card.

Blue Oval on the front of fender.
Built current engine and freshens up engine every year.
Built my engine for my 67 Dart.

Solo.Printing shop
Gave us Hats,Shirts,Jackets.

My chassis guy didn't want his name on the car.
The name bother's him a little I guess.
But he likes to bring his girlfriends around the pits and let them know he's done work on the car.
New wing,chute mount tin in the engine bay and keeps the car going down the strip straight.

That all said and done,it does't matter to me how much of the car has stickers on it,as long as the sponsors are happy.
I let the engine and transmission shop have the car at there business any time they want it there.
I always have shirts and hats for the sponsors and there Wife's.
I've spent some time around Terry McMillen and have watched how he takes car of his sponsors,that's almost a full time job in it's self.
I hope this wasn't too long winded.

Just remember once you have taken either there money or parts you have just made a contract with them.
I had to get another driver for my car last year to full fill my obligations to them because I was unable to drive.
:protest:
the bigger the contribution, the bigger the letters. speaking from experiance, don`t try 2 diff. speed shop sponsors on the same car, one will get jealous if the others lettering is bigger! jus sayin-bob

Wow--Thanks that was helpful Anyone else???? Yea We are not looking to make money just looking for expense help so we look at it the same as you do,Anything would help these day's,I agree with you on the wheel stand thing as far as mike time goes--Thanks Steve

what I do is trade out the sponsorship for parts or services. there is a guy near me who owns a mopar junk yard that keeps about 60 or so old mopars in it. he gives me whatever I need for my 2 bracket cars and was also a big help on my Duster street car. he has lifetime sponsorship with me as far as I'm concerned, because I could never repay him for all he has just flat out given. the local Napa owner donated the base clear B5 Blue paint that is on my Dart, and he also gives me 8 qts of VR1 Valvoline and a wix filter when I need to change oil in it. In return, I have his logo on both front fenders, and I bring the car to the store for the day whenever he has a tool sale in the spring. he serves hotdogs and has a cruise in to help draw folks in.

I have found that folks are more willing to donate something or do some labor for you, as opposed to give money.

I have a few sponcers...small ones, but they add up. The company I work for pays for half my enty fees into an event. I run the logo on my doors.I have had a local company sell me parts at cost.I had decals made to thank them.
I ask alot of people to work with me on parts deal, some companys understand the expence for a small guy.American Racing sold me rims at half price as long as I ran decals, and sent them pictures.They went above and beyond after i won a couple events-Sent shirts and keychains to hand out!
If you can get goods or services and a decal, be happy. BUT remember anyone who chips in expects something.The car has to be out there for people to see the decals .I hope I helped a little.
PS It also helps if you can get a few good pictures of your car. I had 8X10 pics framed and gave them to everyone who helped.
It also helped when Mopars At The Strip started using my car under the Racing section slant 6 class. I tell sponcer that, and its free advertising too.
Andrew/Kidd

one other "selling point" I use when asking for sponsorship is the fact that I pull my car on an open trailer instead of an enclosed. that gives the sponsor more advertising as you go through town, are stopped at redlights, and at gas stations when getting drinks and ice to take to the track.

I would much rather have an enclosed trailer, but since I don't, I try to use the situation to my advantage.

This is turning out to be a GREAT thread and I know it will help a few of us out !!!!!!! Keep it coming men!!!!!!--Steve

-
Back