Spool Mounts

-

cudakid67

Reaction score
I have a 67 barracuda with a 273 that I have put the entire 73+ suspension on. My question is regarding what spool mounts to use...

I can pick up a new set at the local parts store for about $20 a pair. I think I can then get Energy Suspension poly inserts for these for about $40.

Schumacher gets $180 shipped for their mounts with poly bushings.

My question is it really worth the difference in price?

Street car, mild performance upgrades to the engine. This car will just be a cruiser to haul my kids around in.

I don't want to put out a ton of cash if it's totally unecessary...at the same time if the auto part store ones are junk, I want to stay away from them.

I currently have nothing, so my options are a to buy a used set which I see on here occasionally for around $50 or go for one of the aforementioned options.

Do you have the spools themselves ? The bushings are pressed in, I had an auto shop press the old rubber bushings out and put the new rubber ones in. It cost me more then $20, the new bushings were like $16 each and the shop charge I forget, $20 to change them..believe it was like $50 all together but I had the spools

If you have nothing, get them on here or ebay and get the bolts too cause good bolts are not cheap and you need the long bolt that go in the spool as well

Is there a difference between 318 spool mounts and 340/360 spool mounts?

I see there are a couple of sets on here now so I want to make sure I don't get the wrong thing.

-
Back