sport mirrors

-

Rengo

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought a set from yearone or AAR?? I know some of the reproduced products have a problem with corrosion.

Has anyone ever bought a set from yearone or AAR?? I know some of the reproduced products have a problem with corrosion.

Yeah I've read about pitting within 6 months on aftermarket potmetal.
Products like Maguires All Metal polish claim to leave a protective coating. I suppose and polymer type wax would. That doesn't prevent pitting from the inside out though :(
We know the chineese will put lead etc.. in/on childrens toys so we can only imagine what goes into their potmetal for casting car parts.

I plan on painting them inside and out, I just dont want to have to replace these every year.

The pitting and corrosion is caused by detergents mainly (basically from the soap used to wash cars, etc...), whose chemicals will embed themselves inside the microcavities of the metal, thus eventually eating a hole under the surface, so as the other person mentioned if a protective coating is applied, such as the painting them like you said, that's the best bet.

I plan on painting them inside and out, I just dont want to have to replace these every year.

If you are painting them with quality exterior car paint, you should not have a problem.

The problems with the chrome ones. And I think that was with a car that was not garaged. Not that is a excuse for chrome to pit in 6-12 months.

Does anyone have a set of sport mirrors that I could possibly buy? as long as the glass is good.

-
Back