Sports: Am I alone in this thought...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think Tebow would be a much better Tight End than he would a QB. He's got the size of a TE, the hands and the same open field speed. We all know he's a tough one to tackle once he gets going.

Whaddaya think???

there are some great college football players that never make it in the NFL...

He is built to be a fullback/TE combo.If coaches use him correctly,he does well. Coach Fox used him perfectly last year.Then subtract Tebow,add one Peyton Manning to the same team.Division winners,winners of 10 straight.That tells me,doesn"t have the full toolset to be a NFL QB.

I have said from day one of his NFL career that somebody had to teach him how to throw a ball accurately. As it is he will never make it as a QB. I figured that the Jets took Tebow only to keep him away from the Pats who would have turned him into an H-back/tightend.

Jack

Didn't he win a national championship as quarterback? However, nobody runs that type of offense in the Big League.

maybe a good slot receiver/possession receiver. Something that would allow him some touches on the ball. Also uses his size for blocking and picking up some blitzes, afterall, he knows the game and can probaly read the blitz packages, zone coverages, etc. and stay an effective play-maker for the offense.

horrible QB. just can't throw the ball. you really need to know how to throw to be a QB in the NFL

horrible QB. just can't throw the ball. you really need to know how to throw to be a QB in the NFL
I remember seeing him throw about a 50 yarder early this season over the receiver's shoulder and right into his hands (which was promptly dropped).
He can throw, it's just that he can't do it consistently- he'll throw a beauty while he's running for his life, then be standing in the pocket and miss a wide open receiver ten yards away by five yards. And it's that inconsistency that's going to hurt him in the long run.

If he bulked up, he would slow down, and then once he ran across the middle in a seam route and got hit by a DB or Safety, he'd be done. TE's and slot receivers have spent years taking those hits, and know how to absorb them, can't just run out and do it.

I hope he comes to Jacksonville Fl. and he can play what ever position he wants. He would be a big improvement over what we have. He can throw the ball, just doesn't throw like an NFL quarterback.

I remember seeing him throw about a 50 yarder early this season over the receiver's shoulder and right into his hands (which was promptly dropped).
He can throw, it's just that he can't do it consistently- he'll throw a beauty while he's running for his life, then be standing in the pocket and miss a wide open receiver ten yards away by five yards. And it's that inconsistency that's going to hurt him in the long run.

Exactly. He can't throw the ball. Can he throw better then me? I'm sure he can. But he doesn't throw good enough to be a NFL qb which is what I'm saying. Seems to be a good athelete though. But there are plenty of good atheletes that could never play NFL qb. His throwing mechanics are all screwed up. Apparently a bunch of people have tried working with him but he just can improve it for whatever reason.

I don't know much about this but Tom Brady was a pretty mediocre NFL passer too..., and he really never did anything special did he? As for TT he'd robably get hurt.

When Brady came up he had a good throwing motion. He didn't do much in college because he was not a runner and was being beat out by QB's that could run. Since he has been a starter in the NFL he has refined his throwing motion and it is now one of the best the NFL has ever seen.

Jack

In my opinion (so take it for what it's worth) one of Tebow problems this season is a dumb *** coaching staff. And that goes for Sanchez, too.

I mean, really, what idiot watches his QB get on a roll and then pulls him after getting on that roll to run the friggin' Wildcat? Throw that friggin' play out the window and let your quarterback stay hot. Nope, the Jets pull Sanchez after four of five big completions, run the Wildcat for a loss, then put Sanchez back in only to watch him for go oh-fer, again.

Why did the Jets get Tebow? They haven't used him except for playing psychological warfare on Sanchez. And it's backfired on 'em.

-
Back