Spot the issues for this ebay "original" '66 Valiant Convertible

-

SSVDP

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This 1966 Valiant Signet convertible is on eBay right now -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plym...0935143?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cba23a1e7

It does look like a nice solid car and I would enjoy owning it but the ad says:
26,000 original miles
ALL ORIGINAL with the exception of newer tires

So lets see how many non-original things we can identify on this.

I'll start:
1) the interior has been re-covered as it doesn't have the weird ostrich pattern on the front or rear seats.
2) silver (not "argent" along the lower portion of the body)
3) yellow paint on firewall body plugs... repaint?

Next...

A couple other minor things, the gas cap isn't original obviously, and the V emblem on the trunk should have one side blue. Not sure but it looks like the windshield washer reservoir is missing.

Seat covers look like they belong in a mustang. Good eye on the body plugs with overspray. That is the kinds of things I look at too on the original cars.

I don't mean to trash this car, it looks like a really nice solid car and would be a great car to have, it's just not original, it was probably repainted and who knows what else.

Other than what is mentioned above or really nitpicking....like the battery cable ends and battery, it doesn't have all that much wrong with it, non-stockwise. I think you're right about the W/S washer bottle. It should have one and doesn't. Also, didn't the Signet come with full wheel covers? If it was here in San Diego, I'd be all over that thing!

-
Back