spotted these today...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Went to pick up a wrecked uniform truck that was being parted out (Fuel Inj. 454 w/6 spd manual) by one of my accounts. I pulled up into the driveway of a small shop next door and I spotted these...
View attachment 2 mopars.jpg

View attachment 2 mopars uc.jpg

Went in and talked to dude at the shop. Says both are owned by different dudes. The Charger is there for a new floor and trunk but the RR owner has ran out of money. I gave him my card and asked him to pass it on. I'll take it off of his hands.

the RR owner has ran out of money. I gave him my card and asked him to pass it on. I'll take it off of his hands.

Ran out money, looks like he never put any in it to start with......hopefully you can take it off his hands and actually put some money in it, looks like a good starting point.

to me the road chicken looks like a 68 ....the hood inserts look 68 to me ....but then the grille looks 69.

I am betting 68

the charger looks 72 from here

to me the road chicken looks like a 68 ....the hood inserts look 68 to me ....but then the grille looks 69.

I am betting 68

Marker lights are 69. Hood inserts look like 69 pieces to me.

I am betting 68

Marker lights are 69. Hood inserts look like 69 pieces to me.

There's an ElCo in there? LOL

I am betting 68

That rectangular side maker gives (at least) the front fender away as a 69! A 68's are round, like a big greasy pepperoni! Lmao! I couldn't help it little lady! 68's are my favorite.

That rectangular side maker gives (at least) the front fender away as a 69! A 68's are round, like a big greasy pepperoni! Lmao! I couldn't help it little lady! 68's are my favorite.

yea I wasn't seeing the markers ....at first it looked like a primer spot or something weird. On 68 Plymouths they put the round markers low and tasteful .....68 dodges have them high and in your face like greasy pepperonis ....like my 68 coronet has them higher on the fender and they look ridiculous on a dodge.

Your too funny

There is a 68 RR in a RV storage yard by my work, looks like its growing roots there. 4 flat tires and about an inch of bird crap on the hood and roof...and its under a tall roof! Birds must nest up there. Its yellow with the roadrunner tape sticker going the length of the car. looks like it would be a nice car if it ever gets some attention.

yea I wasn't seeing the markers ....at first it looked like a primer spot or something weird. On 68 Plymouths they put the round markers low and tasteful .....68 dodges have them high and in your face like greasy pepperonis ....like my 68 coronet has them higher on the fender and they look ridiculous on a dodge.

Your too funny

You're tight about the side markers! I've always been partial to Plymouths. 68's have those horseshoe taillights I just love! But, a 68' coronet is a sweet ride, it has sweet taillights on it too! And I always loved the double bumblebee stripe on the Super Bees!

The El Camino belongs to the son of one of the painters there...

Nice hidden stash, M/T.... Had 2 of the Rat powered Elcos, before the Mopar conversion.Body shops in Cali, hoard these 58-73 American project cars. If down time on collision work, these slowly get put together.

Went to pick up a wrecked uniform truck that was being parted out (Fuel Inj. 454 w/6 spd manual) by one of my accounts. I pulled up into the driveway of a small shop next door and I spotted these...
View attachment 1714782839

View attachment 1714782840

Went in and talked to dude at the shop. Says both are owned by different dudes. The Charger is there for a new floor and trunk but the RR owner has ran out of money. I gave him my card and asked him to pass it on. I'll take it off of his hands.[/Q

That would be a, sweet catch.....

Ran out money, looks like he never put any in it to start with......hopefully you can take it off his hands and actually put some money in it, looks like a good starting point.
New floors and all polyurethane suspension. New door panels too. Probably some more but that's all I could see with the naked eye when I peered in it while talking to the shop boss.

Hope you get the Roadrunner! It's begging to be saved. Good luck!
I shot the shop boss a dollar figure (wrote it on the back of my card) to give to the owner to see if I can get a bite.

That would be a, sweet catch.....

I'm trying... Still would trade my entire fleet for a 1970 Satellite without blinking an eye!

-
Back