Spray Can Hemi Orange Paint

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found another brand of spray can engine paint that duplicates Mopar Street Hemi Orange or Race Hemi Orange? I called the dealer and they wanted $15 a can OUCH.

I see it for a bit less on the net, but by the time you pay shipping, might as well get it from the dealer......:color:

i just got cans from diff. stores and diff brands for my 451 and they where 6 a can and i was made damn.....thats the motor paint hi temp..:D

My local autozone has hemi orange engine paint. Never used it so I don't know if its close to factory correct or not.

Do not buy the engine paint from the Mopar dealer, it is crap!!!!!! The paint gets discolored as soon as antifreeze gets on it, sometimes it barely sprays out of the cans, just dribbles...and these were new cans I ordered. Trust me, it really is crap!!

I used Duplicolor Industrial Red on my 340 and it is awesome, holds up nice. I would think they have the orange too.

I go to auto Zone I think it's made by plasticoat or duplicolor it's $6 a can works good and dry's fast.

duplicolor street hemi orange high temp 5.97 at o reillys...this is 2 cans + 1 can of high temp flat white primer underneath.stuff went on beautiful and hasnt flaked or peeled..i use it for all my engines

Attachments

• a43.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,091
  • a66.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 793
Do not buy the engine paint from the Mopar dealer, it is crap!!!!!! The paint gets discolored as soon as antifreeze gets on it, sometimes it barely sprays out of the cans, just dribbles...and these were new cans I ordered. Trust me, it really is crap!!

I used Duplicolor Industrial Red on my 340 and it is awesome, holds up nice. I would think they have the orange too.

I used the Duplicolor red on my 340, and followed up with Duplicolor high temp clear coat, engine looks wet!

Plastikote on this one.

Dartengine037.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I went to Pep Boys remembering they sold the VHT brand like Eastwood sells. They didn't have the Mopar orange in stock. But, they did have the Dupli-color for $6 a can, so I bought that.

Sure beats $15 a can :thumblef:

-
Back