Spring Fling April 23 & 24, 2016 Roll Call, FABO meetup, and Info

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
Who's planning on coming?

Anyone planning on a FABO meet and greet?

Post if you are swapping and see if there are specific parts requests.

Online registration is available now on our completely new Autowebworx website (thanks Tim for all the hard work!) :

Registration link

Show Flyer

[ame="http://www.cpwclub.com/documents/SF16flyer.pdf"]Flyer link[/ame]

FAQ link

All Spring Fling info

Post if you are swapping and see if there are specific parts requests.

Airtel hotel is still honoring the $99 discount rate with free breakfast. It's an additional $40/night for trailer parking. Alternative hotel for trailer parking is the Holiday Inn Express on Roscoe Blvd.

Wingcar West Coast Nationals: 20+ Wingcar Display! Special added classes. 3/8 scale wind tunnel car and other historic displays.

Special Guest: Chrysler Factory Engineers Bob Torozzi of Super Stock, NASCAR and Top Fuel development.

FREE Commemorative 30th Anniversary baseball caps to first 500 Show Field participants.

Spring Fling ***
April 23 & 24 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
700+ Mopars, 300+ swappers, manufactures midway

SPRING FLING 30th Anniversary 2016 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Thursday April 21

Spring Fling Speed Festival Mopar Track Day
• 8am-5pm: @Willow Springs Rosamond, CA 2.5mi road course
• 7am Drivers meeting at Track Diner
• 8am New driver instruction class and ride along instruction. Run groups sorted by experience
• Lunchtime Drag Races open to spectators cars also
• $325/car. Discount of $50 for Registration prior to March 31st.
• See Spring Fling Speed Festival X for details and FABO thread HERE

Friday April 22

Spring Fling Malibu Cruise
• 9:30am-lunch: @ Woodley Park show grounds parking lot
• 50+ Mopars. FREE ADMISSION open to all Spring Fling attendees.
• Travel though Santa Monica Mountains, stop at Rock Store, cruise along beach, lunch in Malibu.
• See website and Facebook for up to date details. Contact: [email protected] (MoparJ here on FABO)

Spring Fling Motion Picturecar Warehouse Meet-n-Greet Kick-Off Party

• 5-9pm: @ 8400 Reseda Blvd, Northridge, CA 91324.
• Behind the scenes TV and Movie cars get together tour.
• FREE ADMISSION Open to all Spring Fling attendees.

Saturday April 23

SPRING FLING

• 7am-4pm: Swap, Manufactures Midway, and Show 'n Shine show car field
• 10:00 am: Car show and swap entry gate closed. All vehicles remain parked
• 1:00pm: Exit gate opens
• Fair-Chance Swap: no pre show swap setup day. No parts being sold between swapper before regular spectators (hobbiest) can enter swap area.
• FREE SPECTATOR ADMISSION

Spring Fling all Mopar Cruise-In
• 4-8pm: Bob's Big Boy Mopar Cruise In. 8876 Corbin Ave. Northridge, CA 91324
• FREE ADMISSION open to all Spring Fling attendees.

Sunday April 24

SPRING FLING
• 7am-4pm: Swap, Manufactures Midway, and show car field with judging
• 10:00 am: Car show and swap entry gate closed. All vehicles remain parked
• 10:30 am: Judging begins. If you don't want judging, please indicate that on show placard.
• 1:00pm: Exit gate opens
• 2:30pm: Judged show awards ceremony
• FREE SPECTATOR ADMISSION

7859740-CopyofDSC_2031_FF07Aerial.jpg

THE largest Mopar swap meet west of the Mississippi...

8298723-IMG_2311.JPG

Midways like Mr Moparts with lots of new parts and goodies

8298723-IMG_2335.JPG

Cars For sale in Swap and Show field

8298723-IMG_2266.JPG

Fun Field on Saturday with no formal judging: works in progress, Mopar spirit, cars that don’t fit into traditional classes, exceptional cars, survivors, etc. Bring your show car, project car, daily driver, whatever.

On Sunday Judging is available if you want. No pressure. Cars will be parked in body and year groups. Like 60-66 A-body together and 67-76 A-body together. Or parked in Race car, pro street, in-progress,, etc areas.

101_1299_zpswu1crcxh.jpg

101_1256_zpsimnbcgpf.jpg

Massive 50 car Friday Malibu Cruise! FREE event. Special Spring Fling 30th Anniversary window stickers to participants.

20130510_120811.jpg

FREE Friday Night Kick-0ff party at Picturecar Warehouse. Bring your car, tour, and checkout movie cars!

DSC_39154x6captioned_zps3870dea2.jpg

FABO members greazerlou, nut4vintage, DARTGAME, pishta, buckshotbishop bought these parts at Flings: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...l+fling&page=2

Any other FABO members with score from last Spring Fling?

Originally Posted by greazerlou View Post

Scored some AWESOME stuff this time around!!!

- got a matching front set of Cragar Super Tricks (15x4s) to go with my 15x13 rears. paid $160 for them and they came mounted with a set of Moroso front runners.

- got a set of complete 906 heads for $80

- got another set of Sonoramic Long Ram manifolds - this time for $440! AMAZING! Theyre the long-runner version and someone ground off the heat riser pots off the bottom and there was no balance tube or linkage - none of which matters because ill be running EFI on the Duster so i wont need to heat the intake for initial warm-up (plus im running headers anyway), the balance tube doesnt fit a 440 and the bellcrank/linkage will have to be specially fabbed up because of the EFI throttle bodies so no big loss there either).

Ive always regretted selling my other set of Sonoramic Long Rams and the are going straight into the Duster and staying there!!!! The Sonoramic EFI 440 Duster is back in full swing!!!

Originally Posted by nut4vintage View Post

autoxcuda.
Even got pics of your car. Thought I saw it in Santa Ana a while back.
Picked up NOS tail pipe tips, LD4B intake, bell hosing, Hurst shifter handle and some other flotsam and jetsam to hang around the shop....

Originally Posted by DARTGAME View Post

Scored a set TTI headers for $200 and a new 727 slip yoke for $20. Great show overall. Little dusty this year but to be expected.

Originally Posted by buckshotbishop View Post

got a few plymouth emblems for 35 bucks, a 65 or 66 satellite hood emblem, no ci identification so probably a /6 or 318, a 68 - 69 satellite and fury 383 hood emblem, and a small red white and blue one. thought they were cool and i want to draw some on autocad for stencils or stickers or something.

Originally Posted by pishta View Post

scored some nice 340 mechanical pushrods $5

This is what I got last Spring Fling:

attachment.php

Here's some happy mopar campers...

Copy%20of%20IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

Just last show an estate sale cache of 68-69 Dart parts: NOS, bulge hoods (one NOS) Big block K-members, 383 & 440 exhaust manifold were bought last show by Talzag and Ron M. And they just got some of the stuff. Including a $300 set of 440 M-code exhaust manifolds!!!

11163810_1061956180483239_8580608235874936100_n.jpg

FF15SteveWSm133.JPG

Great work Steve! I'll be there along with the Outlaw DennisH and two other Mopar crazed buddies for Track Day and all the famous Spring Fling festivities. If anyone is on the fence about attending this event, just realize it is probably one of the top if not the pinnacle of all Mopar related events on the planet. Do what ever you need to do to be a part of this historic event.

Many of us stay at the Airtel complex. It has gated access, great breakfast and a beautiful lounge. The weather in LA this time of year is awesome. The people of LA love Mopars, and there's even a look at the behind-the-scenes movie industry access at the picture car warehouse. Track Day is one of the most exciting hands-on car events available, cruising into Bob's Big Boy is epic, and the cruise to Malibu is not to be missed.

See you all there!

Attachments

• Willow.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 332
  • not me.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 318
Anything similar going on in Northern Cal?

Lots of people from Nor Cal come down from the show. Sellers, show cars, spectators. Hotels are full of them. Easily 50 show cars from up there. My pre reg list has all kinds of Nor Cal addresses on it.

Two great clubs, two great shows up north. Not quite the size of Spring Fling, and smaller swap. But still shows you shouldn't miss if you live up there.

Mopar Ralley is June 16, 2016 http://www.moparalley.org/

Mopar Day in the Park is June 25, 2016 http://www.capitalcitymopars.com/

I'll be heading down from the Bay Area on Friday.

We're driving over from Phoenix in our 73 Duster.

I'm hoping to make it to Fall Fling.......
I think the coolest part is the beach cruise! Getting out, together, and actually driving these cars...

I may go check it out though. ..as a civilian

Jeff

I'm hoping to make it to Fall Fling.......
I think the coolest part is the beach cruise! Getting out, together, and actually driving these cars...

I may go check it out though. ..as a civilian

Jeff

Make a list of parts you need and hit the swap meet at 7am or a little earlier.

Layson's, Herbs Parts, Mr Moparts, The Mopar Shop will all have parts on hand. Little to big stuff.

Stephens Performance will have AMD sheet metal. If you have a request for sheet metal call Stephens ASAP so they can bring it out. Shipping costs have skyrocketed in the last year and buying at the shop will be a significant savings.

I will be there in my 66 Hemi Charger. Hoping to do the beach cruise. See you there!

SPECIAL ANNOUCMENT

FREE commemorative hat in Appreciation for 30 years of support the first 400 show field participants will receive this

First 500 show field participants will also get a magnetic dash plaque.

Show Registration CLICK HERE

Thank you for 30 years of support!

SF30Hat.jpg

Pre Reg numbers seem to be up! :cheers:

Should be a big show. But we still have plenty of room for everyone.

And the park grass is looking really good.

Also, to reduce dust we will to divert traffic off the dirt and onto the grass on main entry way. This really keeps the dust from those leaving in the afternoon.

Nice green grass as of 4/1/16. And it rained some this weekend, so should be good for it.

Attachments

• 4_1_16NorthSwap.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 437
  • 4_1_16MiddleSwap.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 449
  • 4_1_16Midway.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 464
  • 4_1_16MiddleShow.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 431
Weather is all clear until the show! :prayer:

And pretty darn good looking too. :cheers:

Attachments

• 4_11_16Forecast.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 435
I've never been. It seems to always fall too close tot he Portland swap meet. We do plan on going this year though!
We're going to drive down from Portland. Any ideas on hotels/ motels? I'd rough it, but just had shoulder surgery..

I've never been. It seems to always fall too close tot he Portland swap meet. We do plan on going this year though!
We're going to drive down from Portland. Any ideas on hotels/ motels? I'd rough it, but just had shoulder surgery..

Well the host hotel is is sold out.

Really about any hotel west of the 405 in the San Fernando Valley would be 15 mins away on Sat and Sun morning and afternoon. Are you bringing a car to show?

You could see if the Best Western Carriage Inn on Sepulveda would price match 100/night or close.

Simi Valley is were I live and for a cheap hotel the Motel 6 is not bad. Nicer than the one in Van Nuys (nicer guests). It's 25 mins from the hotel on Sat/Sat morning and 30 mon on Sat/Sun afternoon. $80 or better http://www.hotels.com/mobile/hotelD...378&q-room-0-adults=1&YGF=7&MGT=2&ZSX=0&SYE=1

Good Nite Inn Calabasas is $120 another person has stayed there and said it was fine. It's about 20 min from show in Morning. https://www.reservations-page.com/C00439/H06595/bemobile.aspx

good info. Not bringing a car just coming down for the swap meet. A Motel-6 would be fine just need shower and bed!

good info. Not bringing a car just coming down for the swap meet. A Motel-6 would be fine just need shower and bed!

Then try the Van Nuys Motel 6 next to Tommy Hamburgers and the Bud brewery. It can get a little shady compared to the Simi Valley one. But the thicker skinned people can deal with it. There's Spring Fling people that go there.

Just got your reg. Glad it worked out. Whatcha bringing?

Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys is quite nice and had a few rooms as of last Friday. About 1.5 miles away.

Some A-body parts for sale at the last Spring Fling.

Could anyone here use any of these parts?

Those are brand new TTI shorty header for a 440 A-body asking $400 !!

Five 14x5.5 small bolt a-body wheels not rusted $300

68 Dart unrusted trunk with beat but fixable GT/GTS trim panel

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0227.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 153
-