Spring Fling dates: April 25 & 26, 2009 Van Nuys CA -mark your calenders!!

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
Just getting the word out that we have the dates for Spring Fling XXIII April 25th & 26, 2009 Held at Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA

2008 show: 500+ cars, 250+ swap, 40+ midways, 9,000+ FREE admission spectators, held in a beautiful tree lined and shaded park.

Less that 20 miles from LAX airport, Burbank Airport, Universal Studios, NBC studios, Magic Mountain, the Pacific Ocean, Beverly Hills, Hollywood...

New for 2008: Show cars that drive in without trailer will enter and exit the show field starting at 7:00am directly from a new north gate and entry. No dusty entry road. Show cars on trailers will enter the show starting at 7:00 along with the swap meeters. This is a response to some suggestions you all made on the survey forms you filled out.

SPRING FLING XXIII
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

(subject to change and additions)

THURSDAY

Spring Fling Speed Festival
  • 3rd annual Mopar track event at Willow Springs Raceway
  • 40+ Mopars on the track last year
  • Bring you new Mopar or bring your old Mopar
  • Blueberry Pancake breakfast
  • Drivers mtg 7am (instructors present run groups sorted by experiance)
  • Free cruise laps 12pm for all spectators
  • Awards Pres. 5pm
  • Dinner 6:00 pm
FRIDAY

Coastal Caravan Cruise
Malibu Driving Cruise:
  • Woodley Park to Malibu 9:30am
  • Stop at famous Rock Store biker hangout
  • Lunch overlooking beach
FF07CruiseNASBackyard-7a.jpg
FF07CruiseCalimoparguy-5a.jpg
FF07CruiseNASBackyard-14a.jpg

Mandatory Professional Manufactures ONLY Midway Setup (midway info: [email protected] )

SATURDAY

Spring Fling XXIII
  • World famous parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine NEW 7am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate)
  • Manufactures Midway
  • Mopar Cruise-In 6pm

SUNDAY

Spring Fling XXIII
  • Parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine plus Judging NEW 7am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate)
  • Manufactures Midway
  • Trophy Presentation 2pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jlfsxb6HM8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0jJvb_6Diw

sf08davep012.jpg

sf08davep004.jpg

A part of the Manufactures Midway Area

sf08davep045.jpg

sf08davep081.jpg

sf08groundslg.jpg

Just to reiterate on the show cars entering from to north end of the show field...

New for 2008: Show cars that drive in without trailer will enter and exit the show field starting at 7:00am directly from a new north gate and entry. No dusty entry and exit road. Show cars on/in trailers will enter the show starting at 7:00am along in line with the swap meeters. We tried this at Fall Fling and it worked really well and we will even make some more improvements to it.

This is a entry change was a response to some suggestions made on the survey forms you all filled out at Spring Fling 2008. If you know car owners that haven't come to Spring Fling because they idled in line too long or the entrance/exit was too dusty, please tell them about the changes.

These changes were made to improve things for participants AND hopefully encourage MORE SHOW CARS to attend.

"IMHO, this is the single best improvement you (CPW) have ever made to the show." -68HemiB

"I thought the second entrance is a great idea and worked well, -- there was a little dust created at the entrance to the grass but a lot better than the other entrance." -moparman70

"...we got there around 7:45 and when we rounded the corner and there was no line of cars I thought Man this cant be good and then we drove right in with only 3 cars in front of us. Then we seen all the swapper and cars and couldn't figure out how we got in so fast. The improvments were great" -Mopar_Ron (swap spot)

Does this map help understand the new entry for show cars??

groundsb.jpg

We usually have quite a large FABO turnout. Who planning on comming??

At Fall Fling, we talked about getting a meet and greet going for Spring Fling. Is anyone interested in meeting up or getting a swap space to hang out and meet together in??

At Fall Fling, we talked about getting a meet and greet going for Spring Fling. Is anyone interested in meeting up or getting a swap space to hang out and meet together in??

[ H get a swap space every year but I don't bring alot to sell I am mosty there for the cars my car they say is not go enough for the show so I show anymore. But you more then welome to come to on the groungs where I get my get my Magum dart Wagom part

... my car they say is not go enough for the show so I show anymore. But you more then welome to come to on the groungs where I get my get my Magum dart Wagom part

The 66? red Dart that was one of the first Magnum motor conversions?? Was in the magazines. That car and the one in Oregon (Dan Ptanik?) were the cars that justified splitting the A-body restified class into 60-66 and 67-76.

Any car that is a Mopar is good enough for the show. The only requirement we that put on the show have is that it is a Mopar.

These cars are all faded, dented, not completed etc. They are being displayed in the show side. :thumblef: It's all good, show side or swap side whatever works out or is comfortable.

SF08SteveWSat236.JPG

SF08SteveWSat246.JPG

SF08SteveWSat135.JPG

SF08SteveWSat133.JPG

DSCN1013sm.JPG

I think my space was like 20x20 last yer and I have big tent

Does anyone have a FABO flag or banner?

Maybe shirts, hats, or whatever from the FABO store for sale? Joey?? Help from a Moderator??

Does anyone have a FABO flag or banner?

Maybe shirts, hats, or whatever from the FABO store for sale? Joey?? Help from a Moderator??

Steve, I think the only banners are the ones that were recently made and ordered by individual members. I don't believe there is a large banner like the one I use to bring down for the MML (Mopar Mailing List) get-together years ago but recommended to the powers that be to consider making one. Just like with the MML, we use to ship it from show to show where "responsible" local members would hang it prominently on a canopy or wherever the meeting place was designated. I know the MML banner went to at least 8-10 shows a year incl. Chryslers @ Carlisle (now ACN), the Nationals, Spring & Fall Fling, etc. It would be nice to do something similar.

New Midway Vendor Annoucement!!

Helwig Products

Helwig Products will have a midway booth at Spring Fling this year. They will have for sale their new line of sway bars for Mopar applications. New to there product line up are adjustable rear sway bars and tubular front sway bars for Mopars.

http://www.hellwigproducts.com/ for more info.

Yes, I'm in. For the past several years i've been trying to get something going over at the Airtel but I think there are less and less folkes staying there. the meet and greet needs to be organized. Also the Malibu cruise
need to be discussed.

Steve, I think the only banners are the ones that were recently made and ordered by individual members. I don't believe there is a large banner like the one I use to bring down for the MML (Mopar Mailing List) get-together years ago but recommended to the powers that be to consider making one. Just like with the MML, we use to ship it from show to show where "responsible" local members would hang it prominently on a canopy or wherever the meeting place was designated. I know the MML banner went to at least 8-10 shows a year incl. Chryslers @ Carlisle (now ACN), the Nationals, Spring & Fall Fling, etc. It would be nice to do something similar.

Maybe start a banner like we did on Moparts several years ago where members would step up and be responsible for the display of the banner at each event. Members at each event could then sign the banner. We would have to decide who ends up with the banner at the end of the year

The 66? red Dart that was one of the first Magnum motor conversions?? Was in the magazines. That car and the one in Oregon (Dan Ptanik?) were the cars that justified splitting the A-body restified class into 60-66 and 67-76.

Any car that is a Mopar is good enough for the show. The only requirement we that put on the show have is that it is a Mopar.

These cars are all faded, dented, not completed etc. They are being displayed in the show side. :thumblef: It's all good, show side or swap side whatever works out or is comfortable.

I wonder who owns that 71 charger in the top picture?

How about THIS for something NEW???

For Spring Fling XIII 2009 on saturday this year we are offering to park clubs together in reserved areas ONLY IF we get 10 or more CAR SHOW entry pre registrations for that club/group.

Those clubs/goups need to contact me ASAP at [email protected] or at least a month ahead so we can collect the pre registered names of the cars being parked together.

Sunday we will still be parked by models, body styles, and classes.

There will a some limit of reserved club space available so contact me ASAP.

-
Back