Spring Fling XXVI: April 17 & 18, 2010 Van Nuys CA -FABO roll call/meetup

-
JBS auto service for the carb install and tuning. then next door to Chips for the exhaust. and last the fineline customs i need my hood aligned. all these shops are on chambers lane. My dads car is still a work in progress hes never taken it to the spring fling hes got a 72 charger se with a 440+6 with a 4speed. I have an uncle that lives in encino and he will normally take his car on the sunday, he works quiet a bit. His is a 70 roadrunner lime green also 440+6 4speed with the air grabber hood and black hood stripes. I didnt know they had a cruise in at the new mall

The road runner sound familiar. Seen my Barracuda around town?

Sound like your car will be driving soon?

Is this your uncle car?

Copy of IMG_0339.jpg

The road runner sound familiar. Seen my Barracuda around town?

Sound like your car will be driving soon?

Is this your uncle car?
nope i dont think ive seen your car. yes i should be driving it soon replaced the engine and trans for a rebuilt one. Thats not my uncles car but similar he doesnt have the striped one the side and his had a black interior with the bench seat

I hope to have the convertible finished by this show. It's crunch time for sure. Either way I'll be there. Thanks again for the recommendation to go to Eric Thorsen for the vert top.-dAVE

Sadly Russell's (rlk340) Duster will be missed. The dark blue one in the middle.
sf08davep081.jpg

I might still bring her to bring awarness to the results of drunk driving. I was talking to steve about setting up something with the chp to display her with their cars if they have any there this year. I'm getting ideas on trying to fix her, gonna be a lot of work but she has to much sentimental value to me to just give up with out at least trying.

I'd better make it out this time around.....been missin' it the past few times.....maybe I'll find some smokin' deals on parts I need. I passed on a brand new, lightly ported pair of W-2 heads (with intake!) for $800. I'm still staying awake at night over missing out on them.....

im planning on going. just booked my room at the airtel. i will be bringing the wagon and i think my dad is going to bring his 72 dart, we will probably just shoot down 5 on friday, maybe go to bobs big boy friday night. cant wait to see you all there.

I'd better make it out this time around.....been missin' it the past few times.....maybe I'll find some smokin' deals on parts I need. I passed on a brand new, lightly ported pair of W-2 heads (with intake!) for $800. I'm still staying awake at night over missing out on them.....

Are you bringing your awesome 67 Cuda vert?

I'll be there selling again. Hope to have time for the "meet and greet" as I was too busy at Fall Fling to make it. I'll have a sign up this time so if you cruise the swap meet section, stop and say Hi!.:wave: Mike

I might still bring her to bring awarness to the results of drunk driving. I was talking to steve about setting up something with the chp to display her with their cars if they have any there this year. I'm getting ideas on trying to fix her, gonna be a lot of work but she has to much sentimental value to me to just give up with out at least trying.

Great to hear from you Russell. Hope all is well.

Now is the time to set something up with CHP. They have been coming out in the past. But I wonder if they could setup a special DUI display. I bet they have something like that. -Just send email out.

Great to hear from you Russell. Hope all is well.

Now is the time to set something up with CHP. They have been coming out in the past. But I wonder if they could setup a special DUI display. I bet they have something like that. -Just send email out.

Hey Steve, have you had a chance to talk with anyone from the chp? or do I need to set that up? Rob(crackedback) said he would help if I can't get a trailer by then to bring her up there. Thats if he still can, if not then I understand. Things with her are still in the lawyers hands as far as that matter goes. I can't get into the details yet because things are still pending.

Hey Steve, have you had a chance to talk with anyone from the chp? or do I need to set that up? Rob(crackedback) said he would help if I can't get a trailer by then to bring her up there. Thats if he still can, if not then I understand. Things with her are still in the lawyers hands as far as that matter goes. I can't get into the details yet because things are still pending.

Just got the emial response back from the club member that handles the CHP display. We are working on our past contact with West Valley CHP. Waiting on a reply from the CHP person. Email fowarded to you right now.

I have been going back and forth about going this year. I may make it out though. Am going to try to make it out on Sat and Sun. Will let you know. Still have to talk to the boss.

Are you bringing your awesome 67 Cuda vert?

Yeah....I'd sure like to!! BTW, we've spoken before.....many years ago....I remember your car there! As far as my convertible.....I probably haven't even driven it over 50 miles in almost 14 years.....I know I know....it's not easy even ADMITTING that!!! See...it's really not totally "done", so that's why. But it's very close.....mostly little things that need to be done.

It's got 3.91's out back too.....nuthin' like sounding like 3rd gear on the freeway.....lol..

Midway Vendor Announcement !!

Stephens Performance

Stephens Performance will have their show trailer stock full of AMD reproduction sheet metal and glass in the Spring Fling Manufactures Midway for 2010.

Stephens Performance is a major retailer for AMD reproduction sheet metal and reproduction glass. As well as many other Mopar reproduction parts!

To save a ton on shipping please contact Stephens Performance directly to have your parts delivered to Spring Fling: 888-4MOPARONLY or [email protected]

Anyone from up north thinking about going on the Spring Fling Coastal Caravan? They had 25 cars last year about double from the year before!!

redfastback and slantscamp went last year.

Must see awesome video from last year!!: http://www.vimeo.com/4514474

Pics from last year:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

No, since Buttonwillow is not on the schedule Malibu cruise is in again for us.

I suppose I will bring my Demon even though its not restored. I have only ever seen 1 other Demon there in the couple of times I have gone.

Jeff

ocdart, are you bringing your 69 Dart?

No, build progress was delayed even further when I found out on 12/01/09 that my job was ending on 12/31/09. Still in 'search' mode so the Dart build is on the back burner - hopefully to be re-started again soon.
My wife and I will only be able to make it to Spring Fling on Sunday. My bowling league scheduled the sweeps event in Vegas for Saturday, so it's going to be a quick drive to Vegas on Saturday to bowl then back home to OC so we can come out to Spring Fling on Sunday.
See everybody then!

I suppose I will bring my Demon even though its not restored. I have only ever seen 1 other Demon there in the couple of times I have gone.

Jeff

Bring it! All Mopars are welcome any condition. If you are planning on changes to it, people will know that YOU did the work and what it looked like before. NOT that you just bought it that way.

Also, it is refreshing to see some non restored cars. Cars with "patina" are the rage.

-
Back