Spring Fling XXVI: April 17 & 18, 2010 Van Nuys CA -FABO roll call/meetup

-
i will be there.....just look for this...

Have you named it yet? I can't see this thing without the old Green Giant commercials playing in my head. ;-)

I'll be there, but sadly, TurboScamp is still quite a ways from being road-ready. I try to go both days, but it always comes down to if I have to work.

Have you named it yet? I can't see this thing without the old Green Giant commercials playing in my head. ;-)

I'll be there, but sadly, TurboScamp is still quite a ways from being road-ready. I try to go both days, but it always comes down to if I have to work.

Great commercials! Ho ho ho ... Green Giant!

Maybe there should be a sidekick A-body in green ... ala "The Little Green Sprout". ;)

Mike, sorry to hear that we won't see TurboScamp this Sping but perhaps next year?

yea, i was hoping to have finished the TurboScamp...im working the show saturday and sunday...no i havent named it but i guess yesterday eventhough i wasnt wearing green,i shure was surounded by it!

My parents had a Satellite like that, 73 318 auto sky blue with white top (later repainted B5). First car I ever drove (I was 14)
I will be there with the wagon, but not in the show. I will be shopping for parts and ideas on how I want to finish the car.
Hope to run into some FABO members. Is there a meetup arranged for Sat or Sunday?

Spring is here!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY"]YouTube- Tom Lehrer - Poisoning Pigeons In The Park - now on DVD[/ame]

Good question. Last year we tried to meet at the raffle car, but I didn't really see anyone when I went by. We need a secret handshake or something...

LOL, My dad is a Shriner, when he joined he told me they had a secret walk so they could identify each other. Always found that hilarious.

Probably shouldn't have put that in print, now they will be out to get me.

we can all get propeller hats..... you cant miss someone with a propeller hat.... whose with me. :-D or if you see me by my wagon, at least make sure you say hi. who here is staying at the airtel? i will be there with my dad and girlfriend and some other friends. you can find me in the lounge.

You guy's in SoCal get to have all the fun.......

As stated earlier, I won't be there but this should be....we just finished it. I know, I know, it's not an A body...

DSC03682.jpg

DSC03735.jpg

DSC03754.jpg

Did any one else get there registration sent back to them? I sent it to where it said to on the flyer.

PO BOX 3127
Granada Hlls, CA. 91344

I got it back and it said unclamed return to sender. Whats up with that?

Did any one else get there registration sent back to them? I sent it to where it said to on the flyer.

PO BOX 3127
Granada Hlls, CA. 91344

I got it back and it said unclamed return to sender. Whats up with that?

We've got plenty of pre reg's back so far. If there were other occurances of this, we would have heard about it. Sent you a PM.

Thanks autocuda. I will resend. Mabby some one at the post office will do there job this time. Thanks for the help.

Haha!! Burntorange70 is "persona non grata"!

I like the propeller hat idea. I've already got mine. How do I look wearing it?

Rosie.jpg

SPECIAL ANNOUCEMENT!!

From 5pm to 9pm Friday evening/night there's going to be a Meet and Greet JUST for Spring Fling attendees/spectators at Ted Moser's Motion Picture Car Warehouse's NEW LOCATION in Northridge at 8400 Reseda Blvd just north of Roscoe. 5.6 Miles from Spring Fling. It's the old Rydell Cadilac Dealership.

http://www.picturecarwarehouse.net/home.php

Ted is going to have his showroom open and an area in the front lot for vintage mopars to park. He is also going to have a RACING SIMILATOR out there for the Spring Fling guests to have some fun with.

:burnout:

Ted is not going to have food. This would something to stop by and check out for 1/2+ hour or so and then travel on 3 miles more to the Northridge Bob's Big Boy Cruise-In on Corbin and Nordoff.

This location is on the way to the Northridge Bob's Big Boy Cruise-In. Only ~3 miles away. From Motion Picture Car Warehouse, travel north on Reseda and make left on Parthenia. Go west on Parthenia and make right on Corbin. Bob's Big Boy Cruise In is right there on the right side in the shopping center parking lot.

People going on the Malibu and Coastal Cruises will be attending this and then the Northridge Bob's Big Boy Cruise In. It would not surprise me if Kenny Wayne Shepard will be at Picture Car Warehouse a some point since his Duster is in the showroom there.

This is the response to the other thread about a FABO meeting at Spring Fling. -Trying to keep everything in one spot.

We can do it for Saturday only. We had a sign setup in one of the row for that last year. The problem is the people coming in the gate didn't know where the sign is going to be. And our people at the gate can't ask every participant if they belong to FABO.

Does anyone have an FABO Banner?? I have 11x17 sign that says FABO but hard to see with all the cars in there. That sign is just not big enough.

I'm thinking of making a little map with numbered rows so you know what aisle to go down. It would be in the middle of the third row from the back. That's the row we park A-bodies in on Sunday.

The thing is, you guys need to remember to tell the show parking people you are with the FABO club parking section.

UPDATE (4/2/10 @ 10:40am):

Slantscamp has graciously offered to let us meet by his wagon on Saturday & Sunday. On both days (at 12pm), we will be meeting by Slantscamp's '63 Valiant wagon (see pics below). It looks like a FABO area will be provided and a map/directions will be posted here very soon by autoxcuda. Please make sure you use the map/directions and be in the right area if you want to park with other members. Let's keep this simple, not overthink it and please remember to meet at Slantscamp's '63 Valiant wagon @ 12pm on Saturday and Sunday (Sunday being optional). See the pics of his car below (in post #88) so you know what to look for.

Note: I will make some sort of FABO/FBBO/FEBO board for both days. Nothing fancy ... just a board with some big a*s FABO/FBBO/FEBO letters. Several of us cross over on all three sites and a few members from our sister sites will be joining us. Also, if anyone wants to get a reminder call late morning (for either day), feel free to PM your cell number and your name (and screen name). I look forward to seeing everyone there.

One more time (in hopes of driving it home):

Saturday @ 12pm at Slantscamp's '63 Valiant Wagon (in the FABO area being provided for us)
Sunday @ 12pm at Slantscamp's '63 Valiant Wagon (in the 63-66 A-body class area)

*Thanks to dart4forte for nudging this along.

If memory serves me righ I was parked at the FABO spot last year. I had my gold 71 Charger. Parked next to Steve with the blue OZ Valient

The only FABO marked area had three cars in it and one of them was Burtnorange70's Dart (unless there was two areas created). Did you see BO70's Dart?

Two members have have graciously offered to let us meet by their cars on Saturday & Sunday. On Saturday at 12pm we will be meeting by Slantscamp's '63 Valiant wagon (see pics below). If we are provided with a FABO section, he will be in it so either way, everyone can find one another. Let's keep this simple, not overthink it and please remember to meet at Slantscamp's '63 Valiant wagon @ 12pm on Saturday. See the pics of his car below so you know what to look for.

I'll post a Spring Fling car show field map here and directions to the FABO section so people can go directly to the spot. We want to avoid having people cruising about trying to find him. Slantscamp please email me at [email protected] . Driving up and down the rows looking for Slantscamp.

The big thing is what time Slantscamp is going to be at the show? The car show gate opens at 7am. Whoever is the flag car needs to be there at about that time. Otherwise you're going to have FABO coming in and looking for someone that is not there yet. We will put him in the middle or so down a row so FABO members have room to park next to him without others getting in the way.

With that being said, for those who might only be at Woodley on Sunday (or if you want to meet up again just because you can't get enough of our fellow FABO brothers/sisters), we are going to meet @ 12 noon (again, on Sunday). We are going to be meeting at Burntorange70's Dart (see pics below). Because Sunday is judged, look for Burnt's car in his class area (I believe A-body Dodge).

On sunday all the A-bodies will be parked together. 60-66 on one side and 67-76 in back to back fashion. We park the cars in a line starting front to back first come first served. ...

sf08davep081.jpg

I'll post a Spring Fling car show field map here and directions to the FABO section so people can go directly to the spot. We want to avoid having people cruising about trying to find him. Slantscamp please email me at [email protected] . Driving up and down the rows looking for Slantscamp.

We have some pretty smart cookies on this forum. If a map and directions are posted in advance, I believe most everyone will find the designated FABO area (incl. Slantscamp). I don't think we need to throw any anxiety in the mix re: looking for slantscamp. Let's keep it as simple as possible. Keep in mind, although it would be very nice for every FABO member (who is bringing a car) to park together but the meet-up at noon is just that ... a meeting place to put names to faces (for those bringing cars and those who will be spectating).

The big thing is what time Slantscamp is going to be at the show? The car show gate opens at 7am. Whoever is the flag car needs to be there at about that time. Otherwise you're going to have FABO coming in and looking for someone that is not there yet. We will put him in the middle or so down a row so FABO members have room to park next to him without others getting in the way

Slantscamp will be in line @ 7am. I will be with him. Again (and hopefully without sounding too repetitive), if a map and directions are posted here in advance (the sooner the better), then the majority of the members should find it easily. As mentioned in my original post above, I will also place a large standup FABO board in that area.

As for Sunday, I just received a PM from Burnt saying that his plans have changed again and he will be at the show on Saturday and not Sunday so we will just meet back at slantscamps wagon on Sunday @ 12 as well. I will update the information in my original post.

-
Back