Spring Fling XXVI: April 17 & 18, 2010 Van Nuys CA -FABO roll call/meetup

-
SPECIAL ANNOUCEMENT!!

From 5pm to 9pm Friday evening/night there's going to be a Meet and Greet JUST for Spring Fling attendees/spectators at Ted Moser's Motion Picture Car Warehouse's NEW LOCATION in Northridge at 8400 Reseda Blvd just north of Roscoe. 5.6 Miles from Spring Fling. It's the old Rydell Cadilac Dealership.

http://www.picturecarwarehouse.net/home.php

Ted is going to have his showroom open and an area in the front lot for vintage mopars to park. He is also going to have a RACING SIMILATOR out there for the Spring Fling guests to have some fun with.

I see that it says that this is open to attendees/spectators but just want to doublecheck that it is open to people that are not entering a car in the show. Several people (entering cars) have told me that you have to bring a show confirmation (or something of that sort) to Mosers in order to get in. Can you confirm that those not entering a car can also get in without any show confirmation paperwork? Are there any fees at all associated with going into Mosers?

I see that it says that this is open to attendees/spectators but just want to doublecheck that it is open to people that are not entering a car in the show. Several people (entering cars) have told me that you have to bring a show confirmation (or something of that sort) to Mosers in order to get in. Can you confirm that those not entering a car can also get in without any show confirmation paperwork? Are there any fees at all associated with going into Mosers?

No Fees.

No confirmations needed.

You do not have to be a registered participant of the show. Just someone that's going to the show. People that are spectating/showing/swapping at Spring Fling. Spring Fling People

It's just Moser doesn't want local passer by's stopping by or people from the local Cruise In circuit.

BTW, does this map make sense to everyone???
Enter the show car gate and go FIVE ROWS down. Then go about halfway down the row to the right side. Keep forming the FABO row section NORTH (upward in this picture). That way there won't be other cars in between.

DSC_3387FABOmap7.JPG

No Fees.

No confirmations needed.

You do not have to be a registered participant of the show. Just someone that's going to the show. People that are spectating/showing/swapping at Spring Fling. Spring Fling People

It's just Moser doesn't want local passer by's stopping by or people from the local Cruise In circuit.

Good to know. I will pass that along.

BTW, does this map make sense to everyone???
Enter the show car gate and go FIVE ROWS down. Then go about halfway down the row to the right side. Keep forming the FABO row section NORTH (upward in this picture). That way there won't be other cars in between.

DSC_3387FABOmap7.JPG

I think this is pretty much self-explanatory. Several people have PM'd me there cell phone #s in case there is any confusion. I am also calling those people 30 minutes before we meet at 12noon.

Two additional questions.

1) There may be a handful of members from FBBO & FEBO joining us. Will there be any problems with that? I can have them tell the staff that they are with FABO if that helps.

2) I am bringing chairs, tables and munchies for the get-together. Is there somewhere I can unload these items so I don't have to haul them from the golf course parking lot across/down the street?

I think this is pretty much self-explanatory. Several people have PM'd me there cell phone #s in case there is any confusion. I am also calling those people 30 minutes before we meet at 12noon.

Two additional questions.

1) There may be a handful of members from FBBO & FEBO joining us. Will there be any problems with that? I can have them tell the staff that they are with FABO if that helps.

2) I am bringing chairs, tables and munchies for the get-together. Is there somewhere I can unload these items so I don't have to haul them from the golf course parking lot across/down the street?

Please email those people this map to show them where to go.

1) If the FBB0 & FEBO people want to join, send/show them this map. The people wanting to meet up are going to have to be a little self directed. Print out the map I posted and have it in hand. Please do not relay on our staff to direct you to the FABO spot. Tell them to print out that map and use it or show it to the staff.

Our club member 100% volunteers just have to park 400+ cars as quickly as possible. When we stop the flow of traffic everything gets bogged up and other show cars waiting to get in get all irritable.

2) When you meet up with Slantscamp in his wagon before the show, put that stuff in his wagon and bring it in.

Look at the upper left have part of the picture I posted about 1/4" from the "F" in the white FABO title. Park in that dirt lot on the show side of Woodley. There will be spaces availible there at 7:00am And it is a closer distance to the FABO spot than the swap or the south parking lot.

Is there somewhere to view the artwork for this year's t-shirts. I may be picking up several of them for our German members (who are all in the same club in Germany) and they wanted to see what it looks like before I buy them and ship them?

Please email those people this map to show them where to go.

1) If the FBB0 & FEBO people want to join, send/show them this map. The people wanting to meet up are going to have to be a little self directed. Print out the map I posted and have it in hand. Please do not relay on our staff to direct you to the FABO spot. Tell them to print out that map and use it or show it to the staff.

Our club member 100% volunteers just have to park 400+ cars as quickly as possible. When we stop the flow of traffic everything gets bogged up and other show cars waiting to get in get all irritable.

I have all ready posted the map for the FBBO & FEBO members and will direct people to not bother the show staff/volunteers when trying to find the FABO spot for Saturday's fun field.

2) When you meet up with Slantscamp in his wagon before the show, put that stuff in his wagon and bring it in.

That was all ready discussed, the wagon will be full with items/parts he is bringing to the event. If the dirt lot isn't available, I will just make a few trips back and forth to the golf course parking lot (across Woodley).

Is there somewhere to view the artwork for this year's t-shirts. I may be picking up several of them for our German members (who are all in the same club in Germany) and they wanted to see what it looks like before I buy them and ship them?

Heck, I haven't even seen it. I hope it in nice. Other club volunteers handle that.

Steve,

Bringing a pickup truck for parts. Hoping to find ? a deal !!!!:snakeman:

see everybody there !!!!!!!!!

Saturday is the main swap day with open car parking. Sunday is the judged show. Since the swappers have to pack up at the end of Saturday a lot of them call it a weekend & don't return figuring the crowds came through on Saturday.

Saturday is the main swap day with open car parking. Sunday is the judged show. Since the swappers have to pack up at the end of Saturday a lot of them call it a weekend & don't return figuring the crowds came through on Saturday.

It ok is the swapper want to stay over Saturday night. But there is no light over there or gates. I wouldn't leave my stuff out in the open without being/sleeping next to it. But I know people that put there stuff in the van/camper and get a ride out to the hotel or cruise in.

Steve

I saw our connection with the CHP at the Vegas show and I reminded about the display. He said he would follow through, but I haven't heard. Rrrrrgh.

thats ok, i talked to my lawyer handling the case & he advised against moving the Duster untill the adjuster has came by to look at it. I have to work on saturday anyways so I'll be there on sunday for sure. It's been 6 months since the accident & things are just crawling along at a snails pace.

Update: Instead of looking for the "Big *** FABO Board", look for these in the FABO area. I just stenciled/painted several of them tonight.

IMG_6920.jpg

Looks like my Dart is not going to be making it to the show this year. She is eating tires. Looks like its time for a front suspention rebuild. But I am still going to be there. I will just drive the Neon on down. She is not much to look at but I paid for a spot so I may as well use it.

Update Friday April 16, 2010:

The park grounds are great shape!! Best in a few years at least!! Very little worn/ungrown grass and since it rained on Monday the dust in minimal. The swap and show car trailer entry is completely covered in 3" thick wood chips to keep the dust down.

Dust should be at an all time low for the past 3 years of shows at least. We will see tommorrow for sure.

This afternoon. All green...

SteveFriSetupMed07.JPG

SteveFriSetupMed08.JPG

Good Show! It was nice to meet some FABO members in person. Took my 9 year old daughter yesterday. She had a great time munching kettle corn and posing in front of all the cool cars.

-
Back