Spring relocation and handling in the curves

-

ralphie361

Reaction score
Hello all, I have finally gotten my dart on the road, and am planning on enjoying it for a bit before any further major work, such as mini tubbing it. After driving it though, the main issue I'm having is traction, efi 5.7 hemi, 5 speed manual, only 7" rear wheels, but even with 3.23s I can get it sideways in third if I'm trying. The car is light (under 3k with me in it), and is definitely a blast to drive, but want to possibly auto cross and drag it a bit, and no traction = slow. I have a 3" relocation kit on the shelf, I just don't want to hurt the handling of this car through the corners. I have "massaged" the inner fenders and lips as far as I can, I could probably squeeze an 8" wheel with the right wheel, but I don't want to buy wheels and then relocate the springs, buy wheels again, etc. Is anyone using relocated springs on a corner carver, or is it best only for drag racing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 207
17x8 with 255 Nittos fit with stock spring location on the Cuda. The Dart should be the same with the exception of the wheel opening. The 68 Hemi Darts had the wheel opening modified. It might be a cool look and allow the mounting of 8 inch wheels. Check out some pictures of the Super Stock Darts.

I like the look if the hemi darts, but I don't think I could bear to cut the new quarter skins on the car! I have some 17x8 mustang wheels with 245's I run on my Dakota truck that do fit the rear, but may need some modification for the front. I may do that for another option of wheels on the short term.

-
Back