Spy and malware fixes...

-
Some people don't like Comodo because it asks permission for things to run until it learns what is normal. (and some people are too lazy to click "Allow" or "Run Unlimited" until it does learn.)

But then, some people are too lazy to use turn signals also. :D

It will ask about most new programs installed, but other than that it pretty much leaves you alone.
If you do decide on Comodo, uncheck all the extra crap like "Use our secure servers" and Geek Buddy, and Comodo Dragon Browser unless you want to try them.
They can be unsinstalled if not wanted.

I don't even know what they are! lol

I don't even know what they are! lol

"Use our secure servers" means your internet will go through Comodo's servers and they will look for bad stuff as it does.

Geek Buddy is a paid service for help if you feel you need it.

Comodo Dragon is a browser made by Comodo. (like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google's Chrome.

the Dragon browser is actually pretty good , I used it when I was paying for the package , now that I use the free version it is harder to get it to learn , and they have added a few functions such as HIPS whatever that does lol ! Has anyone used TorBrowser ? supposed to be very secure and private .

the Dragon browser is actually pretty good , I used it when I was paying for the package , now that I use the free version it is harder to get it to learn , and they have added a few functions such as HIPS whatever that does lol ! Has anyone used TorBrowser ? supposed to be very secure and private .

Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) is a security technology that protects computers from unidentified viruses and suspicious behavior.
HIPS includes both pre-execution and runtime behavior analysis.

Have not heard of TorBrowser, but will look into it.

torbrowser is being provided free and uses it's own servers to prevent government interception , it is being widely used in the middle east , and just got a big boost in use from the Turkish government trying to hide it's involvement with the Jihadi's in Syria by blocking access to Facebook , Twitter and Youtube .
I have it but haven't installed or used it yet , I want to know a little more about the host servers before I trust them . For all I know at this point it could be an NSA setup .

-
Back