Spy satellite

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone herd if the missile hit its mark yet?

Looking at this from the conspiracy point of view.
The military has a hard time shooting down a slow moving scud missle. If that is the case I find it hard to believe they could shoot down a satellite motoring along at close to 20000 MPH. Could this have been a dog and pony show to cover up the test of a satellite based lazer weapon?

Just a thought.

Jack

I'm betting that they for sure didn't want that sucker to come down anywhere near China or Russia. You gotta believe that there is some really big time spy info on that satellite. When Skylab landed it fell on some guys cow in the outback. oophs! I heard it cost almost 50 million dollars to shoot this thing down. Sure could buy a lot of Mopar parts with that chunk a change!

I have worked in the Spacecraft field for almost 20 years (16 of it for the NAVY) , designing, testing and building spacecraft.

I do not consider a scud missle traveling at a several times the speed of sound as "slow". They are slow compared to more modern missles, but still going along extremely fast compared to the tartgets our systems were designed to hit (sub-sonic aircraft). Something with a total flighht time of a few minutes, makes consistantly hitting the target a big challenge. The problem our forces found in hitting SCUD missles was due mostly to the erratic flight many of them took due to numerous issues with the old beat up missles the Iraqi's were using.

Hitting a spacecraft traveling at 17,000 mph (very fast also) sounds difficult and it is, but the fact the target is in orbit and traveling along a predictable flight path over 100 miles away traveling towards you helps make this a pretty good target for a radar guided missle.

I doubt they used a laser, maybe on the SCI-FI channel but not in real life.

I am glad they hit it.

Bob

Bob,

I know, I watch to much T.V. LOL Just throwing it out there. If I was going to test something like that though, this would be a perfect cover for it. LOL

Jack

I worked in a small corner of the MDA program as recently as about three years ago. I can tell you the technology is beyond what you, Hollywood or the SciFi channel can imagine. I would speculate that MDA took advantage of this incident primarily as a test for the opportunity to employ a reentry shot in a real-world scenario. Not for any fear of it landing in a hostile country. The odds of even small pieces surviving reentry are pretty slim. Even if they did, they would be nothing more than relatively small chunks of burned debris.

Ya I didn't buy the "we gotto destroy the fuel before reentry" BS either. Now maybe a test and more importantly a demonstration, oh ya I can believe that.

Terry

From what I heard is the that it was supposed to re-enter over North America that is why they wanted to reduce the size of the pieces. I don't think the Gov could care less if it landed someplace else. They didn't care when Skylab hit Australia.

Of course China being a communist country is have a ring tailed fit over it.

Chuck

From what I heard is the that it was supposed to re-enter over North America that is why they wanted to reduce the size of the pieces. I don't think the Gov could care less if it landed someplace else. They didn't care when Skylab hit Australia.

Of course China being a communist country is have a ring tailed fit over it.

Chuck

Didn't China shoot down one of their satellites a few months ago? Reckon they're shitting kittens now because we shot down one that was smaller than theirs and they won't get their hands on any of it? Something to think about. Don't you just love global politics?:bootysha:

-
Back