spyware, viruses and trojans

-
Go to www.majorgeeks.com, on the right side there is a link for virus removal. They show you step by step how to remove all virus's spyware and other problems. They will also review your logs after there steps if it doesn't catch everything. They also have a ton of free downloads,and a forum for questions. I have used them for years and always got my computer cleaned up.

I was going to say that if Trojans are a pain in the *** you are trying put them on the wrong end, but I wont. :-D

Just couldnt resist

I was going to say that if Trojans are a pain in the *** you are trying put them on the wrong end, but I wont. :-D

Just couldnt resist

LMAO, That is a good one. You could call up the Trojan Man. He can help ya out.

trojan man to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!

Might have clicked on one of those posts that got removed

Mac's are better than windows as far as malware and viruses go, but they are not imune to them, and if you get a good virus then you've really got something! But no matter what the system viruses can be a royal pain. Smart viruses are really bad for instance; I had to go looking for a virus manually as none of the anti virus programs would pick it up. When i did find the file and tried to delete it reappeared right before my eyes under a different name stuff like this is a nightmare!

SUPERantispyware free edition kicks! just got it a few days ago. I also use AVG Free, and Spybot Search and Destroy.

Internet Explorer is the worst browser to get them on too. That's the one most people have so that's the one idiot virus and trojan builders shoot for the most. That's another reason Mac's are better. Since I switched to Firefox browser I haven't had any virus or trojan problems.

Mac's are better than windows as far as malware and viruses go, but they are not imune to them, and if you get a good virus then you've really got something! But no matter what the system viruses can be a royal pain. Smart viruses are really bad for instance; I had to go looking for a virus manually as none of the anti virus programs would pick it up. When i did find the file and tried to delete it reappeared right before my eyes under a different name stuff like this is a nightmare!

Macs' are generally better because not nearly as many people know there opp systems to know how to write the viruses. For the types you mentioned above that keep reappearing you have to find out the file name and write it down then disable system restore and restart your computer under safe mode and delete it there. Then restart it and reactivate system restore and you should be fine. I've had to do that twice and it worked both times.

I do a lot of "side" work cleaning up computers that are loaded with spyware & viruses. I've got a lot of different tools that I use, but one of the first ones that I load is Anti-Malware from Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

I've got nothing to do with them, just happen to like this product. If you use the "full scan" it finds all sorts of bits and pieces that none of the other spyware/malware/anti-virus tools find. And it completely removes them, too.

Or buy a Mac and forget all about them No known viruses for mac and they work great.

Or buy a Mac and forget all about them No known viruses for mac and they work great.

Not quite true. They get a few now and then. Just not nearly as many as windows. Their operating system is unknown to most of the idiots writing viruses so that's why they don't get as many.

I do a lot of "side" work cleaning up computers that are loaded with spyware & viruses. I've got a lot of different tools that I use, but one of the first ones that I load is Anti-Malware from Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

I've got nothing to do with them, just happen to like this product. If you use the "full scan" it finds all sorts of bits and pieces that none of the other spyware/malware/anti-virus tools find. And it completely removes them, too.

Great info Mikel. I just downloaded their products and found some malware.

-
Back