Squeaky shift fork

-

player1up

Reaction score
I've got a squeak coming from the shift fork. Can I pop the fork off of the ball in the bellhousing to put some grease or something in there without too much trouble? or should I just turn up the stereo?

Thanks
Matt

try spraying PB BLASTER first....maybe coming from standard pedal in cockpit....

It's not a ball but a slot that the backside of the fork slides into. It's hard to describe via internet.

I wouldn't try unless you are ready to cuss! I have a Lakewood scattershield and that hole is little small to work with. If you have stock bell then it might not be to bad. WD-40! Don't get it on the clutch!LOL

Chas, I'm mostly sure it's the fork because I can here it outside the car, but I suppose it can be coming from anything that moves down there. Oh, it's a hydraulic setup so it's not the z-bar :) but could be the return springs or pusher or... oh CRAP, Thanks Chasduster :lol:

It's not a ball but a slot that the backside of the fork slides into. It's hard to describe via internet.

I wouldn't try unless you are ready to cuss! I have a Lakewood scattershield and that hole is little small to work with. If you have stock bell then it might not be to bad. WD-40! Don't get it on the clutch!LOL

Oh but it IS a ball not a L bracket type...not sure what the bell/fork came from, but it's definitely a ball...just one of those stupid things that I forgot to do when I had it apart. It is a stock bell so I might have some room to work, but just wondering if I can get the fork clip off the ball without it turning into a HUGE project. I'll try the WD-40 first (carefully)

-
Back