-

valiantdave

Reaction score
the old dart.
199937752.gif

199937758.gif

199937752.gif

199937758.gif

Looks good Dave, Should have gotten the M/T drag Radials though !

What size and type of wheel did you use to get those big meats under the back? What is the offset? Did you move the springs? Is it mini tubbed? Thanks Jeff

The wheels are weld prostar XPs(5x10 with 4.5 backspace) narrowed b-body 8 3/4(4" each side)car is mini tubbed and has relocated springs.Had to 295/50/15s on ,had to trim the outer wheel lip to clear the BFG Drag Radials 325/50/15s

Phat.
That's what I have under my Demon, but with just the offset spring hangers.
The Dart's only have room for around an 8 1/2" tire without surgery.

boy that looks nice
what's the cross section on that tire, after Christamas I plan on going to a 10" rim and a 325x50x15 Hoosier or 12.5 M/T both are about 13"

Thanks everybody!
Mopar lee-are you a member of the route 66 mopar club?I was a member of theirs for a very brief time.I have a 64 valiant also.
28063499.gif

340/727/8 3/4 (3.73) mintubbed/relocated springs

Mopower71 said:
Phat.
That's what I have under my Demon, but with just the offset spring hangers.
The Dart's only have room for around an 8 1/2" tire without surgery.

I've been wondering what I'll be able to fit under a 73 Duster. When you say "offset spring hangers" are you referring to extended shackles or the mod mounting the springs to the frame rails.
Thanks
Arlie

valiantdave said:
Thanks everybody!
Mopar lee-are you a member of the route 66 mopar club?I was a member of theirs for a very brief time.I have a 64 valiant also.
28063499.gif

340/727/8 3/4 (3.73) mintubbed/relocated springs

Ya, I've tried getting a hold of you a couple of times. You came to a show down here once didn't you? You talked to my wife, I couldn't make the show. She was asking you some questions about the car. Didn't you get you interior like door panels from Layson's? This as been a few years back now, maybe more. I've had pictures of your car for a long time.

Ya, I was a member for awhile. Then they kind of went crazy. That club started in Joplin, then got moved to Springfield with different people running it.

How fat of tire did you get under you 64? I just meet another guy (over the internet) here in MO with a gold 64 Valiant post car with a 340/727/4.56 8 3/4

Lee

Wow!I remember that.I was thinking then, no way my wife would of helped me like that...lol

I got most of my interior from laysons(had to wait 6 mths for door panels)Laysons has gotten under my skin a few times,but where else you gonna go..lol

I just got a 255/60/15 under there now,but plan on seeing if the 295/50s off the dart will fit this spring.I`ve got a 15x8(5.5 backspace)on there I can easily go 15x10 with 7 1/2bs.I plan on freshening the Val back up.It needs new qtrs,when I did it the first time they didn`t offer them.I had to fab my own up,they look good but not great.I wanna either narrow a rearend,or go more backspace on a 10" wheel.I have about 13.5" in the wheelwells if I remember right..lol
What did you manage to get under yours?It looks awesome!I love the hood I used the center out of a 70 GTX on my hood,but when it get redone,I hope to find a stock hood and put on a max wedge scoop.
I love to see more pics of you Valiant

I posted some pics in the early A's section on this site. Also my tire combo, cause somebody had asked. I also used Legendary Auto on my car, used 65 Cuda door panels and had custom the back to try and match.

Lee

MVC-859S.JPG

MVC-030S.JPG

-
Back