Srt-68 Barracuda

-
I want your garage.....I will trade a play station 1...... rarely used with three games...one being NHL97.

Here are three pics of driveshaft differences between the SRT-8 and the Barracuda.

1. SRT-8 shaft is fixed--it has no slip beause the rear diff is fixed in a subframe. It does not have to travel up and down like a conventional shaft.

2. Solution was to make a separate crossmember to carry the center of the shaft perfectly in line with the trans.

3. From there, it becomes what you are used to seeing on the front shaft of most Jeeps. It slips here.

Had my driveshaft guy scratching his head for a while over this--he intitially told me that I was "F@%ed". I told him that attitude was'nt working for me and that I'd kick his *** and do it myself. He relented.

Hope it works. Maybe get a burnout going in a week or so. We shall see.

driveshaft installed 001 (Small).jpg

driveshaft installed 002 (Small).jpg

driveshaft installed 003 (Small).jpg

looks a little to compy,,,she may wanna ride along all the time with a nice seat like that,,,

Dan, I think he accidently installed the seat facing the wrong way :-D. I think the correct install for the MIL seat w/seat belt delete option faces rear. The concept with this is, during 6k launch MIL exits rear :cheers:

Let me know when the bidding opens, I want to be the first one in line...just kidding, nice work though man.

nice work man!! i wish i had the fab shop you have. with those covers in the engine bay, it looks close to stock

wow its lookin really sharp. just my thoughts but with the drive shaft perfectly inline with the tranny wont it vibrate? i heard something like that a while ago but dont remember completly lol. i really like it tho:)

I am using the stock radiator. Why? Number 1, it's huge. Number 2, it's got "Chrysler" stamped into it. Number 3, I didn't have to spend $4-$600 for something that is no better.

Took it to my radiator guy where he rebuilt it, and he moved the necks to the other side for no charge. Now the necks are on the passenger side--ready for the 6.1

Fan is a 2400CFM unit--got it for $50. Did not have to buy the relay/control kit ($75) because I can use the SRT-8 cooling fan relay and harness.

Hoses are by CoolFlex. Way, way cool.

COOLING SYSTEM 001 (Small).jpg

COOLING SYSTEM 002 (Small).jpg

COOLING SYSTEM 003 (Small).jpg

Nice ...electric fan is a great option....low speed driving is no longer a fear.
That thing is gonna haul the mail with that motor....our boat Durtanko with the 5.7 hemi is pretty fast so that lil cuda's gonna eat sneakers for sure

I appreciate your help offer....I'm sure we could knock it out quick too.:cheers:

I'm slow but I try to make up for that by making it real pretty.... a detail freak I guess.:happy10:

Do you do these conversions for others?

My wifes 69 rag cuda could use a new lung...6r now on column.....5.7 would be fine and cheap.

What would something like that run?

Do you do these conversions for others?

My wifes 69 rag cuda could use a new lung...6r now on column.....5.7 would be fine and cheap.

What would something like that run?

clue me in as to how a 5.7 would be cheap,,,ide like to know lol

Holy crap. That is a sweet ride. It has been like 2 months and you have built an amazing car. I am super jealous of you.
Congrats

Barracuda was not equipped with AC, which means more work. Joy.

DasFish will have front and rear AC, as well as front and rear heat. This Vintage Air setup should get the job done. Of course, they don't make a "direct" fit for A-Bodies, so we came up with this.

ac install 002 (Small).jpg

ac install 003 (Small).jpg

sweet ride mate.

I prefer to work at your pace aswell! Especially after not having mine for 6 months!

What model alpine amps are those?

So along with a Healty Heart, She is getting a healthy vocal system!

Mine is Focal, Eclipse and SPL Dynamics...Damn it sounds nice!

You running Coaxials or Splits in the front? If Splits, i was wondering if you will be showing your plans to install them? as i would like some idea's for mine!

I'd also be interested in how you mount your speakers so as to NOT kill your knuckles when you roll your windows down :D

j

Making things shiny. I highly recommend all of you do this at this stage--it makes all the difference in the world going down the road. Do inside the doors and roof as well. It works.

insulation (Small).jpg

Here's a pic of the Dart. DasFish will be the same. Where are they? Hide them flush--no reason for them to stick out.

DSCF0054 (Small).JPG

DSCF0058 (Small).JPG

-
Back