SRT JEEP 6.1 Manifolds DO NOT FIT!!!!!

-
QA1 k member is like 730 bucks. Not much savings. That k is designed for "stock" style suspension. Not sure if they offer a k that eliminates the torsion bars.

Yep. I'm keeping the 5.7 manifolds for awhile. I just knew I was be stuck on those f#!$%;&ing TTI headers at some point. Disclaimer: TTI headers ARE badass for an A body, as far as fitment.
The price of those TTI's is ridiculous, I wish somebody else would join the party, I'll either modify my SRT's or get the logs for now, budget depleted!

Thread dig i know, but what kind of power loss are u seeing with the logs over proper extractors? As cant find much info on them
The price of those TTI's is ridiculous, I wish somebody else would join the party, I'll either modify my SRT's or get the logs for now, budget depleted!

ig

Thread dig i know, but what kind of power loss are u seeing with the logs over proper extractors? As cant find much info on them

ig
When putting headers on the LX cars, the general consensus is 40 to 50 over stock manifolds. And the car manifolds are better than the truck/suv stuff. But, the car mannys do not fit the old car platform.

I used 5.7 Eagle exhaust manifolds from a Grand Cherokee. Opened them up inside and they already have a 3" collector. Very happy with the fitment. As for manifold performance? Don't know, but I'm sure it's better than it was stock.

I used 5.7 Eagle exhaust manifolds from a Grand Cherokee. Opened them up inside and they already have a 3" collector. Very happy with the fitment. As for manifold performance? Don't know, but I'm sure it's better than it was stock.
Yep. That's what I used at first.

So you got these to work in the a body? Did you need to modify them? Are the exhaust manifolds pipes with a case around them as all the pics i have seen they look like a one peice mold?
No! The 6.1 SRT Jeep manifolds DO NOT FIT without serious mods. The ones I referred to in my post above was the 5.7 Grand Cherokee log manifold. If you were doing a tube K with coil overs, they might go right in without modifications.

O yep didnt realise the cherokee run the log manifold. Holley make a log for the conversion but would think considerable power loss over shorties etc.
No! The 6.1 SRT Jeep manifolds DO NOT FIT without serious mods. The ones I referred to in my post above was the 5.7 Grand Cherokee log manifold. If you were doing a tube K with coil overs, they might go right in without modifications

No! The 6.1 SRT Jeep manifolds DO NOT FIT without serious mods. The ones I referred to in my post above was the 5.7 Grand Cherokee log manifold. If you were doing a tube K with coil overs, they might go right in without modifications.
Would 6.1 SRT manifolds from a C300 or Charger fit?

I have searched high and low for holley ones, i may just get them custom made i think

So I guess TTI headers or maybe look for the Holley ones. All y'all are great and I'm really thankful for all the wonderful info. Great group of car people

So I guess TTI headers or maybe look for the Holley ones. All y'all are great and I'm really thankful for all the wonderful info. Great group of car people
Yep the holley ones are for the holley mounts as brings the motor forward an inch. Super hard to find as looks like they were not in production long

I guess I should bring up another point of my thread. My main point was that they are not a true "bolt on". They will physically bolt to the engine. But, when using the torsion bar suspension, there is major interference. The manifold does not allow the bar to be installed into the lower control arm. It is entirely possible to do a little chop, cut, and rework the angle and clocking of the collector. If you're not fab savvy, then TTI is the only game in town.

-
Back