Srt8 Charger wheels on dart

-

amzchad

Reaction score
Anybody thought of it? Any body done it? Will it work so on

Thanks

Chad

I've considered it but if I'm not mistaken they are 20's, I could be mistaken too. I even considered the Viper replica wheels in 20's, like them alot, I just don't think 20's on all 4 corners would look good on these old cars. With the right wheels, b.s., and offset, I think it can be pulled off with 20's on the rear and 18's or 19's on the front, but I don't think it would look good at all 4. Just my .02.

New Charger's are 5x4.53" vs 5x4.5"......so a little different. The backspacing will be a lot I imagine. But they will bolt on, not exactly hub centric though.

thank you so really it wouldnt be a good wheel cause its not the same bolt pattern i didnt realize they were 20's untill after i posted it

thank you so really it wouldnt be a good wheel cause its not the same bolt pattern i didnt realize they were 20's untill after i posted it

Well......I wouldnt use them on a road course or going 120mph. A lot of people have used them with success though. I would have some hub-centric adapters made if I were gonna use them. As far as the 20's......that's up to you. They may seem out of place on an otherwise stock looking car.

17's look good, I think 18's look great. I've never seen 20's on the front of a Dart, but I've spent a lot of time trying to imagine it because I'd like to have the Viper replicas but I can't see it working. On top of it, the tire is significantly taller on a 20 vs. 17 or 18 (tire size dependent of course) and I wouldn't get the stance I want.

Just my opinion, no disrespect, but for the money I think you could do better. In my mind, the hard part about fitting a new factor rim on older muscle cars is offset. Most new factory rims have so much offset there is no lip on the rim. It's hard for me to tell in the link you posted if theres is any kind of lip or not. Something to consider.

That was the other problem I had with the viper replicas, no lip...

yup still researching it havent made a final desision i love the srt8 black and crome wheels but they are 20 inch wheelss i dont think i want 20's

The wheels are in MM. not inches. We have a set in the shop and they don't fit anything but the new Charger. Believe me if they would fit you'd see them on a car we have.

thanks if you dont mind me asking why dont they fit what is the problem?

The wheels are in MM. not inches. We have a set in the shop and they don't fit anything but the new Charger. Believe me if they would fit you'd see them on a car we have.

Ok....5x114.3mm vs 5x115mm

Steel wheel from a Charger. This guy used a spacer to push the wheels out, but did nothing to change the bolt pattern. This topic has come up on BBD and Moparts.

Also close up..

DSCN2809.jpg

DSCN2806.jpg

34534534.jpg

i think you can actually get a cone washer that seats the 5x115 to 5x114.3. If they arent seated correctly they will come loose

Steel wheel from a Charger. This guy used a spacer to push the wheels out, but did nothing to change the bolt pattern. This topic has come up on BBD and Moparts.

Also close up..

I actually really like those!!!

There is a guy that lives around me that just finished up a full swap of Independent rear suspension conversion, 6.1 stroked out to 850hp, and 20" srt8 wheels, lowered down. It actually looks badass, but not finished, kinda a cool idea, but not everybodies cup of tea.

-
Back