SS or Espo springs

-

Joker13

Reaction score
What are the differences between SS and Espo leaf springs? Is one better than the other for launching? I plan to do some racing, but also use on highway. 68 cuda. The rear is 3.23 and I am also looking to raise just a couple inches for clearance.

The SS springs are biased, total drag race pieces. Although I have run many sets and like them on the street, too. They sit biased to the driver side at static park. They are designed to straighten the car up on hard launch. They work great, but are too harsh a ride for some people. They never bothered me one bit.

Installed and driven with both.
ESPO is my answer for the street driven car.

With my drive train, im probably not getting the type of launch that would need the SS springs. I have a 318, 30 over maybe, 904 trans, 3.23 gears. Nothing too killer. Yet.

I would go with a 2" over stock ride height because they will settle. I would also remind ESPO before they ship them. They sent my buddy stock height springs and wanted him to pay for return shipping for their screw up.

That's what I was originally thinking about- the 2" lift ones. Thanks for suggesting to remind them of the exact ones I want.

I like the Super Stock springs myself. I've used them for years on my cars, including daily drivers. I like the stance and ride with them. I wasn't happy with the extra heavy duty springs in comparison...

I've installed Espo springs on a Dart for someone, and they were very good also. They helped us through our installation problems, their customer support is great...

It's what you prefer...

They did say they would exchange them for the right ones but on his dime. That's not really standing behind your product to me. I had a set from them before and they sent me what I ordered and I was happy.

I put Espo springs on my 64 Sport Fury about 14 years ago. I am still happy with them. When I ran at the track, I got a best 60 foot of 1.76 with a less than ideal converter. I had the adjustable pinion snubber on there too.

I'd go espo from how it sounds you will be using the car. Personally I do. Like tha jacked up back but if that's what you want then get the +1" or +2" xhd Spring they sell.

Also remember there are two spring eye bolt sizes. One for the 6cyl and a larger for v8 cars. The bracket is easily drilled bigger. Just want to save ya from any surprises.

Don't forget Mancini sells springs, too. They offer some good deals.

Every time I look at my car I get pissed that I ordered 2'' over stock and it didn't sit any higher than the 40+ old one I removed .

Every time I look at my car I get pissed that I ordered 2'' over stock and it didn't sit any higher than the 40+ old one I removed .
what was on it before? if they were stock and the new +2" didn't sit any higher maybe they sent ya the wrong ones.. hell my +1" sat too high..

Last edited:
Same experience as Joe......ordered the 1" over factory and the car ended up (after settling very little) 1" too high. The 1" over Espo springs put on the HemiDemon were perfect......sits factory with 15" rims . Although ordered the same spring for both cars, they sit completely different.

I think Espo sends whatever they have or feel like ....... regardless of what you order.

+1".. too high for my taste..
DSC_0023.jpg

IMG_1851-1.jpg

kat_1.jpg

I have run the SS springs on the street in the past, and i didnt want the jacked up look either, so i used lowering blocks to get the ride hight I was happy with. Probally not a good idea if its on slicks at the track tho.

Same experience as Joe......ordered the 1" over factory and the car ended up (after settling very little) 1" too high. The 1" over Espo springs put on the HemiDemon were perfect......sits factory with 15" rims . Although ordered the same spring for both cars, they sit completely different.

I think Espo sends whatever they have or feel like ....... regardless of what you order.

That is disheartening if Espo doesn't send the proper parts ordered

That is disheartening if Espo doesn't send the proper parts ordered

**** happens. Everyplace can mess up once in a while. They do a ton of orders a week I'm sure. As long as they make it right I don't see the big deal in an honest mistake.

Espo has some of the best customer service in the business.

I've never had an issue with anything I've ordered from them.
My +1's were right on the money. I prefer a little lower then stock these days though.

**** happens. Everyplace can mess up once in a while. They do a ton of orders a week I'm sure. As long as they make it right I don't see the big deal in an honest mistake.

Espo has some of the best customer service in the business.

I've never had an issue with anything I've ordered from them.
My +1's were right on the money. I prefer a little lower then stock these days though.

You are not the first who has commented on their customer service. Good to know. Thanks.

-
Back