SS Slant Six Dart

-
Wow,
Why a bump without any update, makes no sence!

By the way, nice buildup, i hope it can spin the slicks in N/A mode, and its a shame you having to cut the rear 1/4 pannel for tire clearance, i never like the looks of it, not even in the factory SS darts, it make it look like a half *** job IMO,
Dont get me wrong, your work looks 100% correct and well done none the less.

there has been two pages of updates lol... and i plan on doing a full resto on this dart to SS specs when it gets its turn... after the AFX and 240z lol...

as for the cutout im kinda on the fence... but its what we build @ SS and AFX

here is my first burnout vid! lol...
i like the line lock...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTr5qVwpUzA"]Burnout 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

I just hope that one day my Swinger will run half that good. Nice burn out.

Them wheel openins turned out real good, Ed.

ok well the arches are bascially done... im not ready to to body work on this pos yet so it just got bombed...

BTW the slicks have about an inch of spacing between the axle and sidewall so i happy there!

as yo can tell the *** needs to drop a couple of inches but i should get that from removing leaves!

Attachments

• 100_4752.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 486
  • 100_4753.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 478
  • 100_4754.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 476
WOW! All I can say is if it were my car I would be real proud. You have come a long way!

WOW! All I can say is if it were my car I would be real proud. You have come a long way!

still needs body work but yea im proud of it! out of all the years ive owned it its never left me stranded, for 500 bucks its been great! hopefully ive increased its value a little lol

ran a 14.31 @ 93.5 with a 1.94 60ft...

DA was about 3500 and temp was mid 80's!

i'll post vids tomorrow!

ran a 14.31 @ 93.5 with a 1.94 60ft...

DA was about 3500 and temp was mid 80's!

i'll post vids tomorrow!

Wow, you really picked that thing up!!!

You get into some good air (and, at sea level) and you may have a 13-second timeslip in your hand.... really quick for your combination!!!

That 60-foot time is good, too, for your e.t.

Proud of ya, old man!!! :)

Any wheelspin at all???

Wow, you really picked that thing up!!!

You get into some good air (and, at sea level) and you may have a 13-second timeslip in your hand.... really quick for your combination!!!

That 60-foot time is good, too, for your e.t.

Proud of ya, old man!!! :)

Any wheelspin at all???

well i thought it pulled the front end up so i dont think any wheel spin lol!

vids in a bit...

i didn't even get to finish tuning it it was so late... still needed to pull the exhaust off and get up more... we had a very good night @ 83* and a DA of about 3200...

here are the runs

man when those slicks grab it hard to keep them spinning lol

all the times are in the description area on youtube...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1xM3OFn8us"]Run1.MOV - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtF_ifDkIqw"]Run2.MOV - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iouvjSfeans"]Run3.MOV - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osWnpZ2gbtE"]Run4.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

Are you getting into 3rd gear at all and if so, how much of the strip is left when you shift?

What's your finish line rpm???

Inquiring minds want to know....:cheers:

yea 3rd is way down there lol... with the 3.91's and a 28" tire im trapping 5K... so the 4.88's should get me about 5800.

shifting into 3rd around the 1K mark...

Hee Hee.... you "left" on everybody you raced.... LOL!

Way to go...:prayer:

yea i beat every car i went against except for a 455 buick... lol

yea 3rd is way down there lol... with the 3.91's and a 28" tire im trapping 5K... so the 4.88's should get me about 5800.

shifting into 3rd around the 1K mark...

yea i beat every car i went against except for a 455 buick... lol

Did you do the math???

4.88 divided by 3.91 equals 1.25... a 25-percent increase in finish-line rpms at the same speed.

If you're taching 5,000, like you say, with a 3.91, that will put you through at (1.25 X 5,000) 6,250 rpm.

If that's what you want, great; I don't know at what rpm your engine "peaks."

You'd generally want it to run through the finish like traps at about 10-percent (rpm) OVER your horsepower peak.

A 4.56 would put you through at (4.56 divided by 3.91 X 5,000) 5,800 rpm.

Just food for thought....:burnout:
P.S. does your transmission have the 2.74:1 first gearset? If not, I think that would help your launch somewhat...

Did you do the math???

4.88 divided by 3.91 equals 1.25... a 25-percent increase in finish-line rpms at the same speed.

If you're taching 5,000, like you say, with a 3.91, that will put you through at (1.25 X 5,000) 6,250 rpm.

If that's what you want, great; I don't know at what rpm your engine "peaks."

You'd generally want it to run through the finish like traps at about 10-percent (rpm) OVER your horsepower peak.

A 4.56 would put you through at (4.56 divided by 3.91 X 5,000) 5,800 rpm.

Just food for thought....:burnout:
P.S. does your transmission have the 2.74:1 first gearset? If not, I think that would help your launch somewhat...

yeai didn't go for the low gear set... i think it might make to big of a spread between 1-2...

as for the gears i did the math for a 3.91 gear @ 65mph is 3131 rpm which is dead on...

with the same setup but with 4.86's its 3892rpm @ 65mph...

so thats 761 rpm... or 5761 trap... i think it should trap a little closer to 6 due to a better mph...

yeai didn't go for the low gear set... i think it might make to big of a spread between 1-2...

as for the gears i did the math for a 3.91 gear @ 65mph is 3131 rpm which is dead on...

with the same setup but with 4.86's its 3892rpm @ 65mph...

so thats 761 rpm... or 5761 trap... i think it should trap a little closer to 6 due to a better mph...

Sounds good to me... It'll leave harder. too...

-
Back