SS Slant Six Dart

-
The runs look real good! The 4:88 gear will probably work out just great. Once that's done are you gonna try to get more out of the motor?
I can see 14.0s out of this easy & if there's good air, maybe even some 13.90s? I'm wondering if there's something besides a 225 /6 that would work. It'd be cool to see something like a /6 of some sort spanking a newer car. With your e.t. & what some stock new musclecars are doing you're not that far off...........

The runs look real good! The 4:88 gear will probably work out just great. Once that's done are you gonna try to get more out of the motor?
I can see 14.0s out of this easy & if there's good air, maybe even some 13.90s? I'm wondering if there's something besides a 225 /6 that would work. It'd be cool to see something like a /6 of some sort spanking a newer car. With your e.t. & what some stock new musclecars are doing you're not that far off...........

first off it was good to see you today!

and yea we had a DA of 3500 most of the night so with good air there is alot still on the table... that combined with alot more tuning needed i think 13.90's are a good bet!

as for more motor im almost to the wall with a "street" motor... i would like to get some 1.6 rockers which will give me a little bit but with the crap gas im about done...

But!

i am i the works for having a clone of the cricket head built... were not on the go stage yet but were collecting info and crunching numbers! how does a 1.94/1.5 valves sound?

and yea we had a DA of 3500 most of the night so with good air there is alot still on the table... that combined with alot more tuning needed i think 13.90's are a good bet!

as for more motor im almost to the wall with a "street" motor... i would like to get some 1.6 rockers which will give me a little bit but with the crap gas im about done...

But!

i am i the works for having a clone of the cricket head built... were not on the go stage yet but were collecting info and crunching numbers! how does a 1.94/1.5 valves sound?

Why do they call it a "Cricket" head, and what kind of configuration does it employ???

Inquiring minds want to know...:sign7:

how does a 1.94/1.5 valves sound?

With a 4" bore, it sounds excellent; with a /6-size bore, it sounds like a lot of valve-shrouding on the outter edges...](*,)

How does it flow on a flow bench set up with a 3.5" bore????

Bigger ain't ALWAYS better...

But!

I think Bill is onto something with his concern about the bore & shrouding. You may be getting into an area where going bigger (head-wise) may require one of two solutions--either go bigger on the bore or buzz the Hell out of the motor so it pumps more or is essentailly performing more work cycles for you. Think of the problems the original Boss 302s had & you're now in a similiar boat, I think. Now that's not necessisarily a bad thing. But you're now getting into the realm of unstreetable, more money & perhaps mods than you're willing to make or afford.
If it were me, and the head is about as far as you can take it (for now), I'd look into somehow getting a bigger /6 & going from there. Once you have more cubes, you can chase head development around all you want & locally, Roger at Standard Machine could be a real asset. He knows Ford heads & Mopars, having helped Sheldon Gecker, and likes to play on his flowbench...... Of course you can always get ahold of Kenny Newsome & see what he did on his project.

With a 4" bore, it sounds excellent; with a /6-size bore, it sounds like a lot of valve-shrouding on the outter edges...](*,)

How does it flow on a flow bench set up with a 3.5" bore????

Bigger ain't ALWAYS better...

3.750 bore

Who built that Cricket, and what magazine (and month/issue) was it in?

That's impressive...:sign12:

i dont know but im gonna step it up a notch and build a motor that should put marks car in the 9's... NA...

maybe faster as some of the new parts available and the extent for the motor im planning on building...

Who built that Cricket, and what magazine (and month/issue) was it in?

That's impressive...:sign12:

The pics he posted showed "Cars" magizine did the article. It's out of print now is why I asked so I'm hoping he can get a re-print of it. 9s from a /6 Dart would be KILLER and I think VERY few could obtain that kind of performance froma /6-A-body combo but I too, think it's do-able.

The pics he posted showed "Cars" magizine did the article. It's out of print now is why I asked so I'm hoping he can get a re-print of it. 9s from a /6 Dart would be KILLER and I think VERY few could obtain that kind of performance froma /6-A-body combo but I too, think it's do-able.

Thanks! I I-M'd a wild and crazy guy for information, but his I-M box is full... and he hasn't been on FABO for a while; he may be gone for good.

I used to have a near-comprehensive collection of "CARS" magazines, but moved to California in 1980, and back to Arkansas when I retired in 2004, and alas, the magazines were a casualty of that Nomadic existence (was only in CA 24 years...)

If he shows up around here, maybe we can track down that issue...

Thanks! I I-M'd a wild and crazy guy for information, but his I-M box is full... and he hasn't been on FABO for a while; he may be gone for good.

I used to have a near-comprehensive collection of "CARS" magazines, but moved to California in 1980, and back to Arkansas when I retired in 2004, and alas, the magazines were a casualty of that Nomadic existence (was only in CA 24 years...)

If he shows up around here, maybe we can track down that issue...

he is already gonna email it to me...

so i finally got the shifter in! still have some other sstuff to finish before my next track day on the 22nd but this was big!

kinda hard to get used to after no lockouts or gates in the last shifter but i'll get it!

Attachments

• 100_4775.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 463
ive been to that exact race-track in Sacramento more than once, do they still do those mopar meets where like 90% of thecars is nothing but mopars?

ive been to that exact race-track in Sacramento more than once, do they still do those mopar meets where like 90% of thecars is nothing but mopars?

lol what? but yea the i think first or second saturday of every september they have the mopar magic event...

been a long time since ive been to sac...

-
Back