Ss springs, caltracks, monoleaf what to choose

-

68 barracuda 68

Reaction score
i have a 68barracuda with qa1 front kit and leafsprings with pinionsnubber ,Qa1 rear shocks, 28x11,5 worked well with a small block in.
I going to have a 512 pumpgas engine in it now pg and 4:56 and think it will be traction issues, what woul be the recomended rear choose to get the car hooked at the track?what does the racers do? 4 link?guess it would be a mid 9 sek car, also heard leaf link is good?

Last edited:
i have a 68barracuda with qa1 front kit and leafsprings with pinionsnubber ,Qa1 rear shocks, 28x11,5 worked well with a small block in.
I going to have a 512 pumpgas engine in it now pg and 4:56 and think it will be traction issues, what woul be the recomended rear choose to get the car hooked at the track?what does the racers do? 4 link?guess it would be a mid 9 sek car, also heard leaf link is good?

First , don t be disappointed about not running mid nines , if its a street car, unless its boosted some way , BIG tires needed too.
I have caltracks on mine and not overly impressed with them ---------but haven`t messed w/ them a whole lot , had some other problems at the same time ..

Between the 2 choices only?

Cal Tracs w/Mono springs.

When you say it worked well, what was your 60 ft time? Changes/upgrades, my vote is Cal-Tracks and Mono leafs. Can you put a taller tire under the car?

I swapped from SS springs to cal tracs w/mono's. They work. Just a learning curve to get them set up properly.

If you are going to a traction bar, get the Asassin bars. They are the same price and have more adjustability.

I would have bought them, but a FABO member made me a smoking deal on a set of Slid-A-Links.

So Cal-Tracks would be my third option.

Thanks for input, so the best would be monoleaf with slide and caltracks The engine will be about 700hp and the possibillity to also use nos.
Maybe i could get 12,5 slicks on it with other rim

Last edited:
How so? I take it, the car is not tubed?
No its not tubed, been a street and strip car. Now its just getting to be used at strip mostly.
Iv been reading on calvert split monoleaf and caltracks, im suspisios on can they handel the power and get it hooked up so good?

-
Back