SS Springs moved rear back alot!

-

Speedotann

Reaction score
Hello all... I just put SS springs in my 73 Duster. I installed as normal and flipped the hangers to drop it down a bit. It seems to have moved my rear back a lot. It looks funny in the wheel well. I put 245/60r14 on and the back of the tire almost hits the back of the wheel wheel well. Any suggestions? So Frustrated. Thanks Guys and Gals!

Brian

How did you flipped the hangers to drop it down a bit? Sorry but never heard of that. If they are for an about and deside to sell them I maybe interested.

Are you sure you did not mount them backward? If I remember correctly the short end of the springs go to the front.

I think a-body front segment is 20 inches. I think B-body front segment is 22 inches.That is your problem. Maybe someone else could comfirm that.

I will measure soon. from the nub to the hanger? The number on the springs are 2462006. Thanks for the help

If I remember the last 2 numbers on the springs should be 02 & 03. Measure from center of front sping eye to center of rear end. Good luck!!

It was the longer springs 22 inches! Thanks... I feel like a dumb A$$! Found the right ones in the back yard 20 inches front section. Thanks everyone. You just saved me a lot of agony!

Brian

SS springs move the rear axle forward because the front segment is shorter to control axle wrap. If the rear axle moved rearward, something is most assuredly wrong.

And from what I know they are stock a body length.

Yep

IIRC, Front segment should be 20", rear 36" 56" total

All SS springs are 20" front segment, A B E body, doesn't matter. The B and E guys have to run the extended front hanger to position the tire correctly because they use a 22" front segment spring.

yep

iirc, front segment should be 20", rear 36" 56" total

all ss springs are 20" front segment, a b e body, doesn't matter. The b and e guys have to run the extended front hanger to position the tire correctly because they use a 22" front segment spring.

yea, what he said.

Easy fix, added my custom 1 inch lower block in the process (U-bolts go through block). Thanks everyone, I grabbed the wrong leafsprings on accident that's all.

Thanks again:cheers:

-
Back