SS Springs

-

75dartsport

Reaction score
Ok here is the deal. I want to put new leaf springs on my duster. It currently has air shocks that are aired up way to much. I want to run regular shocks and get the stance I want with the springs. I would like some pics of your cars with the ss springs and which ones you are running, so I can decide on which to buy. I have seen some cars with ss springs that sit way to high then others that sit about right.

Ok here is the deal. I want to put new leaf springs on my duster. It currently has air shocks that are aired up way to much. I want to run regular shocks and get the stance I want with the springs. I would like some pics of your cars with the ss springs and which ones you are running, so I can decide on which to buy. I have seen some cars with ss springs that sit way to high then others that sit about right.

her are some pics of my big block 73 dodge dart. the frist pic is with the springs at stock ride higth. i am running the mopar 002/003 super stock springs. also the frist pic i had a 318 in it. the second pic i had to raise the front up some so my 8 quart oil pan would clear the road better. same springs but raised the rear up about a 1-1/4 and this time has a big block. oh can you post some more pics of your duster? i bought a 74 duster that i am going to turn into a race car. thanks Mopar65

Attachments

• 100_0406 (Large).jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,567
  • 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 1,474
i like how the SS sit...

Attachments

• 100_4509.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 1,582
  • 68 Dart (56).JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,480
My front spring boxes has two set mounting holes. stock and one to raise the rear about a 1-1/4.thanks Mopar65

Here's Mine!

Attachments

• UCZdmOPylJ-Wy6w56TSnFqUaytAPN4Ob0300.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,411
KP which springs are on yours? I like the way it sits. What size tires u running?

Here is my Dart with a set of 002/03's on it.

Attachments

• 100_2694.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,457
  • i6113.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 20070509_1271.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,336
Here's the Duster with 002/003 springs. The front mounts flipped.
At rest and at the strip.
Can't really see it, but they work great. I removed the rear spring clamps.

Attachments

• Kaukauna may 2009 013.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,367
  • 100_2280.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,415
Buddy and I installed Mopar Performance super stocks springs and shocks on my 68 Barracuda this past weekend!

Part number
P4120863-Right
P4120864-Left
P4529514-Shocks

I wanted that rake look!! But I also did it because the OEM leaf springs were sagging!!! It's all preference!! Hope this helps!!

Attachments

• Cuda5.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,535
  • Cuda13.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,373
  • Cuda8.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,296
Here's my 67 GT at pinks 09.
02-03 ss springs.
28 inch tall tires.

P7040803.jpg

Back.
IMGP2058.jpg

KP which springs are on yours? I like the way it sits. What size tires u running?

Thank You!

They are just the Mopar SS Springs with load level shocks. Do not remember the tire sizes. If you like I can get you the shock information and tire sizes this weekend.

KP

These are stock springs from a 340 model with an additional long spring added for stiffness.

D

Attachments

• DSC01366.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,282
I like a little rake, but not much. I use the multi-hole front hangers... Another note.. by raising the front spring eye, you change the instant center and it will hit the tires harder.

I had the 02/03 set up and did not like the lean in my 64 dart, so I bought another 02 spring and it sits level.

If I had it to do over again I would get 2 03 springs instead.

The 03 spring is weaker than the 02 spring, and my car sits a little too high now.
I could remove a leaf or add a 1/2" spacer or just wait for it to settle down.

As it is now I can put my hand on top of the stock sized wheel without touching the fender.

I had the 02/03 set up and did not like the lean in my 64 dart, so I bought another 02 spring and it sits level.

The 03 spring is weaker than the 02 spring, and my car sits a little too high now.

As it is now I can put my hand on top of the stock sized wheel without touching the fender.
The lean......everytime I walk past the back of my car I can't help but laugh at the lean.....

Those SS springs sure work eh Mike? killer car!

Hey MikeDuster,
I have a duster too. are you running super stock springs with lowering blocks. And what size wheels and tires are you running? I'm planning on running 15 X 8 with 275/60/15 rears abd 15 x 6 with 205/60/15 fronts. I really like your look and your help is much appreciated.

These are stock ones that I had re-arced and 2 added (8 leafs total)

Ride is great and sits nice.

Attachments

• DSC_0380 (Medium).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,040
  • DSC_0385 (Medium).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,006
  • DSC02209 (Medium).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 903
I like a little rake, but not much. I use the multi-hole front hangers... Another note.. by raising the front spring eye, you change the instant center and it will hit the tires harder.

This needed to be said. Great point about instant center.
The SS springs also like a longer shock , as they separate on launch and hoist the *** of the car up a good bit.

And you bought super stock springs why ???
They are engineered to promote traction and launch the car in a drag racing application.........not for show and tell.
If you are worried about the lean , buy cal tracs and use a different leaf spring.
If you just want to jack the car up , get air shocks like every other dim wit did in 1975. ( I was almost one of them , but went with a coil over spring that clamped on the outside of the stock shock , I extended the shock and tightened the clamps )
If you need to tell your buddies that it has super stock leafs , then just lie to them.......most won't know the difference anyway.
You're trying to saw a board with a claw hammer it seems.

-
Back