SS springs

-
I imagine you cant notice it in the car, but just the subtle difference in stance would bug the piss out of me everytime I see it.

Im so anal about stuff like that, it bugs me when I notice the front track of our cars is wider than the rear. Lol!

Im talking about just standing behind my car and looking.. I mean if I stare at it for a while one side sits slightly higher than the other.. but I knew the SS springs were supposed to do that.. All I know is it isnt enough to bother me.. lol

the most noticeable thing about the difference in stance I find is that since I have enough power to need the stiffer torque side spring the car can give a little squiggle when the spring unloads after launch when backing off while street driving .
SpeedracereX you might not notice much for a while if you bought the softer springs for the lighter cars , mine where okay for a couple of years until I upped the power and then they went soft pretty quick on me , I think a pinion snubber might extend their life by limiting wrap but would still always recommend buying the proper springs for the weight of your car and I've never seen a second gen Abody that weighed 2800lbs in street trim .

All I know is when I went looking, the 2800pd springs were what was called for, for my year of Dart.. now It had occured to me that the curb weight of the Dart is a little over that amount.. but I was afraid that going up to say a 3200 pd spring might be a bit much and cause a ride that was to stiff and bouncy.. I could be wrong.. Im happy so far, and if in a couple years I notice her sagging I will consider it lesson and learned and bump up to the next weight rating LOL

I was just trying to raise the back up to get the stance of the car to look better i didn't want to go with air shocks ( I don't think I have the room anyway ) is there a better spring for my needs?

Call espo. They sell xhd springs in stock,+1" and +2" heights. Be a lot better choice for what you are doing.

http://www.springsnthings.com/

I've always liked the SS springs myself. They are hard to beat for real, brutal straight line performance. The ride has never bothered me either. I kinda like how the car sits. It's kinda "purpose built"......sorta makes it special. As far as the amount of difference, I've run several pairs on different cars through they years and have never noticed more than about one inch higher on the passenger's side.

Even having said all that, I still recommend the XHD springs for most people, because I am weird in what I like. Not everybody likes the SS springs. Some think they make the car sit too high. I always get the front hangers with two holes so I can use the higher one if the car sits higher than I like.....but I've never had to use it.

I guess the bottom line advice is, if you want the car to ride close to factory, but sit up nice in the rear, go with the XHD. If you're looking for something performance minded and don't mind a little bit of a list to one side, get the SS springs. Just from the sheer history and coolness of it, I am not sure I'd build the rear of a MoPar any other way than with the SS springs.

I've always liked the SS springs myself. They are hard to beat for real, brutal straight line performance. The ride has never bothered me either. I kinda like how the car sits. It's kinda "purpose built"......sorta makes it special. As far as the amount of difference, I've run several pairs on different cars through they years and have never noticed more than about one inch higher on the passenger's side.

Even having said all that, I still recommend the XHD springs for most people, because I am weird in what I like. Not everybody likes the SS springs. Some thing they make the car sit too high. I always get the front hangers with two holes so I can use the higher one if the car sits higher than I like.....but I've never had to use it.

I guess the bottom line advice is, if you want the car to ride close to factory, but sit up nice in the rear, go with the XHD. If you're looking for something performance minded and don't mind a little bit of a list to one side, get the SS springs. Just from the sheer history and coolness of it, I am not sure I'd build the rear of a MoPar any other way than with the SS springs.

I would tend to agree with your assesment

-
Back